unofficial 12-hour cutthroat feedback AND general 1+ month CT league(s)

My feedback would be: the 12 hours is too long. I think GGG knows this, and is just seeing what will happen in a "long-term" CT. Well...80% of the people will stop playing by the second and third hour mark, and PvP will peak around levels 19-24 in Act2 normal.

In other words, the most you can have on a temporary CT even is 3, MAYBE 4 hours. I played the 4 hour last night, and the last hour was tough to find people...and the people I did find were throwing fists in the ledge.

The main reason why a 12 hour is not viable is because it spreads the population pool out between too many zones, and too much of a variance between player levels.

You can create a long term CT league. Long term being 1+ months. After a few days, the majority of players will be in end game. The big question here is: how do you handle invading maps or even the Eternal Lab. Another issue with the long term CT league would be griefing on lower levels. GGG could prevent players from entering instances of lower level IF they are occupied by other players/have other players in them. This could become deadly for an invading player into that zone though, if a player invaded said zone in an attempt to kill.

Another work around for griefing to this, would be creating "twinks", or really beefed out low lvl chars. This could be quite annoying.

I really do hope that GGG makes CT League viable. I was one of the most active duelers and PKers in D2's hardcore scene, so I'm very excited for long-term CT. My only fear is, it seems very difficult to accomplish.

A PK or "invasion" in D2 took a lot of skill, speed, and even a bit of luck. In PoE's style, you could look at an incoming text message on your phone while farming Merci Docks, for even a second, and next thing you know, you've been Flickered and Dual Striked to death. Maybe PoE's CT League does need to have an indicator that someone has entered your instance... I don't know. The death and killing is VERY unforgiving in PoE's CT. Especially when they implement the 5-second leave timer. ESPECIALLY when you have GG gear on...
Possibly tangential... There's a big difference participation-wise between a temporary long CT and permanent CT. There's no reason for me to invest time in a 12hr. I'm starving for perma CT, yet didn't play this 12 hr. I've done many CT and at this point i'm just waiting for perma to finally get introduced. Perma CT exists in other games like Ultima Online, Darkfall, so it's certainly viable. If you build it they will come.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Mar 23, 2014, 4:49:45 AM
"
unsane wrote:
Possibly tangential... There's a big difference participation-wise between a temporary long CT and permanent CT. There's no reason for me to invest time in a 12hr. I'm starving for perma CT, yet didn't play this 12 hr. I've done many CT and at this point i'm just waiting for perma to finally get introduced. Perma CT exists in other games like Ultima Online, Darkfall, so it's certainly viable. If you build it they will come.

Man..Darkfall was sick...

It was like everything I dreamed of within an open world pvp full-raid environment. It didn't keep my attention though... I think because to be good it required literally hours. It was a time-sink game, much like WoW, on a different genre of course.

But thanks for your feedback, and yes, that was "tangential" :)

I can't wait for the CT league. GGG has been spot on so far with PoE. I don't think they get enough credit for all of the creativity, expansions, and innovation they have introduced through the leagues, etc. I do hope that CT is equally as exhilarating :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info