Tourney conceptualizations, ideas for rules based off of successfull events other companies do

So I like the idea of speed chest GGG has come up with. I also think it would be cool to have different style tourneys and not just 1 rule set. In the spoiler below is how mechwarrior does their tourneys which I really love.

Spoiler

Greetings MechWarriors!

This weekend it's time for another Medium Mech Madness! This is your chance to take your skills to the Battlefield and dig out that Medium Mech you've been neglecting.

From Friday February 28 at 10:00am PST until Sunday March 2 at 11:59pm PST, compete against your fellow MechWarriors for a chance to win glory and MC prize packages!

Opt-in on our website, then win the challenge by getting the best 10 matches over the contest time period. 1-5th place winners will be awarded MC for select Medium Mech chassis and overall weight categories (Light, Heavy, Assault). Players must drop as a single player (games where you drop as a team will not count towards your top 10 matches).

Opt in
Best 10 matches over the course of three days.
Score Formula:
Kills × 20 + Kill Assist × 10 + (Damage Done – Team Damage) ÷ 15 + Wins × 20 + Loss × 10 + Survive × 20 + Dead × 10
1st Tie-Breaker: Number of Matches Played (Less the better)
EG: My best 10 matches out of 20 is better than your best 10 matches out of 50
2nd Tie-Breaker: Team Damage (Less is better of course)
EG: My 10 best matches with 100 team damage total is better than your Best 10 matches with 150 team damage total.

I have participated in a few of the tourneys and I have to say it works really well for working around schedules. I know for pvp in poe this might be too lax because the queues need to be full to have a fun and successfull tourney. So change the time constraints and have something like the best 10 matches in 3 hours or maybe 12 hours once in awhile.

I will be pretty sad in HC LLD tourneys if I miss one out of 2 per season that hc might rarely get. Also please dont favor the other leagues just because the population is so much larger. If you add incentive to play the old leagues with pvp prizes it would encourage people to use their old chars and wealth they spent so long grinding in races and newer leagues after the merge. If GGG really looks at it like "well HC has 2% population we will have 80% less tournaments in that league because the population is so small and the demand for tourneys is so large in other leagues".
The Tourneys will draw people in no matter what especially with the mentioning of prizes. People want alt art to collect or titles. People want the masses collected for smashed packed full queues. Just be a little open minded about some ideas for tourneys!
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Speaking about dmg calculation, yeah i think they should implement a dmg calculator in team fights like 3v3 6v6, "Who deal the most dmg" by ranking to "Who deal the least dmg".

Like different dmg output (who does more, who does less), who get more kills, who get least kills. How fast/long does each team get to end the other team in the fastest/shortest time and so on.

That'll be be so much more fun. Like a gun shooting game, just that this is RPG style :)

Just a suggestion tho, no offence.
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/803310
"
rokuthecat wrote:
Speaking about dmg calculation, yeah i think they should implement a dmg calculator in team fights like 3v3 6v6, "Who deal the most dmg" by ranking to "Who deal the least dmg".

Like different dmg output (who does more, who does less), who get more kills, who get least kills. How fast/long does each team get to end the other team in the fastest/shortest time and so on.

That'll be be so much more fun. Like a gun shooting game, just that this is RPG style :)

Just a suggestion tho, no offence.

What is this WoW raid stats? lol
I hope we get some infos about pvp tournaments within the next hours!
The ideas about the rulesets of the tournament are great, lets hope the best.
=Licht ist Leben=
Last edited by Hruthgard on Feb 28, 2014, 11:21:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info