[28] LLD Critical Builds?

Looking to hear from people who have experience with using critical strike chance in lvl 28 lld pvp. I have several successful builds but have never experimented with critical in low lvls and just assumed it was a waste to invest passives when you could grab more life/attack speed or damage. Is there any reason to invest in critical strike chance nodes? I was messing with the tree and could do a shadow with nice life, damage, attack speed and get about 240% crit chance off the tree.

thoughts?
freeze/ignite
flicker and run until they outa flasks
IGN:LeoNemaeus/ GroundSlamHero
In lld what builds I've seen so far that have stacked crit quite successfully...

Double ungil's builds usually with lightning damage.
Goddess scorned sword.
Wanders power siphon or elemental hit.
Low life redbeak trapper/casters.
Dagger cold caster.

Not much else from what I've seen. It's hard to get the crit chance high enough to make a good impact, like bows for example.
IGN: _Firebitch
I,ve had a staff crit build that could do about 8000 Cold dmg in one hit if the roll was extremely Lucky and if they were cursed.

Staff build for lvl 28 PvP is just too inconsistent to Work in long term, however. The 8000 Cold dmg hit would only happen in like 1/25 attacks or so. The Royal Staff (Lvl 28) Has a very low min damage and very high max damage, which makes this thing really awkward to use. (Especialy with crit.)

Tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMPVBRNFvkYXRo4Mok26URyRY5UkVfiZp5moHflhMSIOIp0kFWTB52KogCnhKlot3K9OcAaxYrjauw48B_60vuL

Maligaro/Critical Multiplier Gem/Critical Multiplier mod on Staff/Critical Weakness made for the crit dmg.

Hatred Aura and a ton of WED on Jewelry.

I think the main reason it fails is lack of attack speed.... Fast attacking critters will crit much more consistently because they attack with lower damage and faster attacks = More benefit from crit.

Getting to try out the 8000 Cold dmg was all worth it though. I permafreezed Piety when I had to kill her to get the Skill Points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info