pvp help

hi im about to make my first pvp character even though im dirt poor (I have 2 coral rings so far)

I am a little bit set on using a bow so I know it might not be the most powerful build but I was wondering a few things about explosive arrow in the arena.

first off is explosive arrow only viable because of this cold to fire exploit or was that just unneeded cheese?

also are there any key differences between a pvp and a pve explosive arrow build? (ex: area of effect damage/radius)

any help would be cool ive already done explosive arrow builds during beta but never tried in pvp.
IGN- Isiander
actually one more thing do people pvp on domination or only on standard?
IGN- Isiander
pvp is dead
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
Standard is where most people pvp.

Explosive arrow is pretty shit at level 28 but pretty OP in merc pvp. A different setup is needed though. Mainly a crit spec compared to a burn spec that you'd use in pve.

The cold to fire exploit was fixed almost 6 months ago, thankfully.

I'll let you figure out the rest for yourself.

One thing to consider though... If you're wanting to do merc pvp I'd only do so with the best of the best gear(cough RMT) and OP spec otherwise you're setting yourself for failure and a shitty time.

You can do well otherwise if you're a master trader and have played a few hundred hours plus in game to accumulate wealth.

Level 28 pvp is a lot more reasonable in that respect.
IGN: _Firebitch
thanks I had no idea about the doing it with crit ill look into making some builds for that. as for wealth I don't care much basically I plan on enjoying the challenge of grinding a char specced for pvp and maybe never even getting around to doing the actual pvp :D
IGN- Isiander
Watch out for crit EA in pve though. You'll die a lot to ele reflect.
IGN: _Firebitch
cool. I think I got a build worked out. what +% crit multi and +% crit chance do you think I need to equal the pve speccs with all the fire and burn dmg nodes?

IGN- Isiander
Last edited by myr on Feb 14, 2014, 4:18:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info