Progression based races

Basically, I would like a race type that makes it more rewarding (as in win a demigod) by progressing through Normal.

At this time, the only race that really truly does this is the 3 Hour Party race. This is because parties can make it through Act 2 and 3 way faster than a solo player can due to the acts not being as linear as Act 1 (and even Act 1 is very slightly faster in a party due to Hailrake and 1 player health on bosses).

Not a single solo race right now goes past Docks. I'd like to see that change at least for some races. Whether it be by a scoring system (ex. You get your level in points + extra points for certain bosses in progression, not including sidequests, and rewards are given based on this, with tiebreakers done based on XP) or extra bonus xp (ex. Killing Dominus gives you like 750k XP) or a race that times how long it takes you to kill Piety (with a time limit) or whatever, it would be nice to do something else other than farming Docks in solo races.

I don't think all races should be like this, but that this should be a separate race format.

I'm aware there are a lot of issues with a race like this (class balance and whatnot) but I'd like to see some sort of race implemented. Even if it's not competitive for the first season that it's implemented for.

Maybe I'll try and design something on it myself, but as for now this is just simply a suggestion. It would add something interesting for racing.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Feb 11, 2014, 12:10:22 PM
There was a single 135 min where somebody had much luck with drops and attempted Dominus in a 135min solo but he only got to the Sceptre of God.

I would rather suggest to nerf Docks to level 28 or reduce the density in a fashion like in CB with Fellshrine, which was even better than Sins level 1 back in CB.
Yes please. They wouldn't even need to code up anything drastic either. It could be as simple as a different rewards structure for this new Progression race type. E.g. no points for levelling, nor top by class, nor firsts/full clears. Only points for bosses. Here's a rough example for 3 hour Party:

1: Brutus
2: Merveil
3: Vaal
2: Piety
4: Dominus
1: Cruel Brutus
2: Cruel Merveil
3: Cruel Vaal
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
"
unsane wrote:
Yes please. They wouldn't even need to code up anything drastic either. It could be as simple as a different rewards structure for this new Progression race type. E.g. no points for levelling, nor top by class, nor firsts/full clears. Only points for bosses. Here's a rough example for 3 hour Party:

1: Brutus
2: Merveil
3: Vaal
2: Piety
4: Dominus
1: Cruel Brutus
2: Cruel Merveil
3: Cruel Vaal

When it comes to "special bosses", dont you need to include:

Act 2: Fidelitas and The Weaver
Act 3: General Gravicius

Act 2 and 3 are longer acts anyway.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
When it comes to "special bosses", dont you need to include:

Act 2: Fidelitas and The Weaver
Act 3: General Gravicius

Act 2 and 3 are longer acts anyway.

Meh, Brutus/Merv/Vaal/Piety/Dominus have always seemed to me to be on their own as The 5 That Matter.

Grav is optional so easy to keep him out. Fidel/Weaver would probably make A2 worth too many points, and they are automatic in any sort of progression. It doesn't feel like they matter, at all.
account number 2
Last edited by unsane2 on Feb 12, 2014, 5:33:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info