Future PvP : Questions

Hello everyone,

I hope i'm posting this thread in the right section, and sorry if answers to my questions were already given in some threads before.

So, he are some questions about the future of PvP in POE :

You GGG guy's said that an Open PvP leage will take place soon.

- I guess this leage will be separted from other leages, i mean everybody who wants to play in it will have to make a fresh start. Am i right ?
Anyway i think it's the better way to do : everybody will start at the same point. Naturally, hardcore gamers (ppl who have the time to be) will head the ranking, but that's the game. people who plays 8 hours a day will beat those who plays 2 hours a day, for sure. There is no way and no need to fix that.

- Will the pvp leage be permanent ? Or will it last for month, or weeks ... ?

- Are you planning to include some kind of PvP Flags or will everybody be hostile to others ? What if a player dies by another player in Open PvP ? Is there a % chance for him to drop stuff or something ?

- I know balancing PvP on POE will be a hard work. So, Items/Gems/Nodes restrictions ? Capped attributes ? Personnally, i think Attack Speed will need to be Capped, because some build can reach 10+ attacks per seconds, and that will be too OP in PvP combined with the node that prevents from missing attacks. That's just an example.

- What about ranking and rewards in PvP ? My opinion is : balancing and no raking/rewards in PvP are the main reasons of the empty pvp queues today. Here's a quick idea : if a player dies in open pvp, he drops a generic item ('Orb of something' maybe) wich can be traded for stuff or goodies, but he won't drop is own stuff.

- When do you expect to open a PvP Leage ? i just can't wait for it. Will it take one month ? Two or six month ? I know you maybe won't be able to answer that question now.

Finally i just want to add this :

A lot of poeple says that ARPG's doesn't fit fir PvP. They are right, but in my opinion, this doesn't prevent PvP players to have a lot of Fun. Fun is the goal of any game, and PvP on POE promise LOADS of fun. i don't expect a perfect-balanced PvP, there always be some issues, and GGG will need a lot of time to fix main issues based on players feedback.

Thank you for reading me, and sorry for my bad french-based english.

You are doing great job GGG, thank you for POE :)

IncMurder : Crit-Dagger Shadow
IncNapalm : Flameblast Wich
they said that pvp had to come with the launch patch in october. since that date, in every patch they say that pvp will come in the next patch. in addiction to this, they removed the few cutthroat races that usually were made in the past in each season.
this is all you have to know.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
Last edited by tempallo on Feb 1, 2014, 4:19:25 PM
They also said long before the release, before the open beta, during the closed beta that there will be a permanent cut throat league..... That never came true....

Thats why I am not playing this game..... Although I would love to... Maybe i will when they will add the open PVP
Okay, no more answers, it feels like GGG let PvP players down.
I guess they think "PvP will never fit because of skills/classes balancing" or something ...
It's true. There's work to do.
BUT a part of the community was waiting for this leage and would have played in it. They also would have feedbacked balance issues to make a decent PvP on POE, there's an huge potential.
A lot of people told me to stop dreaming about a permanent Cutthroat leage.
"There's PvP on PoE" they said.

An answer from GGG, even a short one, would have been apreciated.

Regards.
IncMurder : Crit-Dagger Shadow
IncNapalm : Flameblast Wich
Chris said after the 1.1 patch coming (march 5th?) there will be a long pvp league. Most likely a one week but 4 month pvp league would be insane
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
"
Powster wrote:
Chris said after the 1.1 patch coming (march 5th?) there will be a long pvp league. Most likely a one week but 4 month pvp league would be insane

I feel like nothing is going to be done about pvp, and we are going to get a D3 style disappointment (if anyone isnt familiar with the disgusting scandal ... deathmatch and arenas promised, brawling and a single POS 'pvp level' delivered after a year and the devs basically going 'thats all you get, we lied and this is only a pvm game, fuck you')
Path of Exile did a lot of things right.

It disappointed tremendously on PvP. It failed, completely, without any wish to amend, it seems.

I'm honestly surprise how horribly inclined they are to alienate their PvP audiences. Le sigh.
I am a Templar and my legs are cold.
Last edited by ocajavati on Feb 9, 2014, 7:01:06 AM
"
ocajavati wrote:
Path of Exile did a lot of things right.

It disappointed tremendously on PvP. It failed, completely, without any wish to amend, it seems.

I'm honestly surprise how horribly inclined they are to alienate their PvP audiences. Le sigh.

Just wait a month guys. March 5th should have a lot of pvp improvements. A small indy company like GGG can only do so much in a short period of time.
IGN: _Firebitch
Posts like this made sense for the year + months they neglected this area. But right now were within a few weeks of seeing potential, so nows the time to actually wait and see.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
V0id_Ark wrote:
Okay, no more answers, it feels like GGG let PvP players down.
I guess they think "PvP will never fit because of skills/classes balancing" or something ...
It's true. There's work to do.
BUT a part of the community was waiting for this leage and would have played in it. They also would have feedbacked balance issues to make a decent PvP on POE, there's an huge potential.
A lot of people told me to stop dreaming about a permanent Cutthroat leage.
"There's PvP on PoE" they said.

An answer from GGG, even a short one, would have been apreciated.

Regards.

Short answer:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/769334/page/4#p6734832

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info