more race for EU players

I can t race on sundays...wtf? last race on this day is at 9 of the morning!
No race between 18h and 21h, what about people working?

I don t care if those 10 people winning all the time each races would have too much points, we in Europe we also want to play some races, add more of them please.

Also no race on sunday afternnon...WTF
Forum pvp
Next week will have fewer races than normal because of the 1 week race. There will be fewer races for everyone, not just EU.
the problem is not that there are lesser races during a one week race!
there are not enough races all the time!
"
Nackt wrote:
the problem is not that there are lesser races during a one week race!
there are not enough races all the time!

In season 2 they experimented with vastly more races. People complained that there were too many, so they went back to the current number.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
I'm European and I usually work from 8:00 (8AM) to 16:00 (4PM) and I'm usually at home at 17:00 (CET). Let's check the schedule (from tomorrow) and see which races I could go...

30th Jan:
5 races - I could race in 4 of them

31th Jan:
2 races - I could race in 1 of them

1st Feb:
2 races - I could race in 1 of them (1st is too early, I usually sleep that time)

2nd Feb:
5 races - I could race in 3 of them (1st is to late on Saturday's night)

3rd Feb (1 week race will be over):
5 races - I could race in 2 of them (the rest are too early or I'm at work)

4th Feb:
4 races - I could race in 1 of them (1st is too late on midnight, the other two I'm at work)

5th Feb:
5 races - I couldn't race in any of them (first two are too early, the rest I'm at work)

6th Feb:
4 races - I could race in 1 of them (1st is too late, second to early, third I'm at work)

7th Feb:
4 races - I couldn't race in any of them (the same situation as 5th Feb)

8th Feb:
5 races - I could race in 3 (maybe 4 if I'll go to sleep late on Friday) of them (2nd is too early)

9th Feb:
8 races - I could race in 5 (or 6 if I'll go to sleep late on Saturday) of them (2nd and 3rd are too early)

As you see, there are 49 races and if you're European like me and usually work from Monday to Friday (some people also work at Saturdays) and you need to sleep too ;) you can theoretically play in 18 of those races. Is that much? I really don't know. There are many time zones in the whole world and people work and sleep at different times. I would like to see how is it compared to the people in other time zones (American, Asian, NZ, etc.), how many races they could go from 30Jan to 9th Feb. That could be interesting ;)
Are you counting bursts as 3 races instead of 1? I am US East Coast, the other timezone that likes to complain. With Fulltime Job (8-6m-f, no saturday) I can do:

Race 83
Race 88
race 89 (weekend)
race 90 (weekend)
race 91 (weekend)
race 92 (is at 1am but I could still manage just be real tired)
race 95
race 104
race 105 (is at midnight but could manage, ends at 1:40am so less than 6 hours sleep.)

Thats what I can do through Feb 5th, which is as far as races listed in race forum go. Where can I view past that? So for those 6 days I could do 9 races, but 3 are on weekend and 2 are past midnight. Europeans have it better than us ;)
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Jan 29, 2014, 2:57:50 PM
You're right about burst races, I've counted them as three instead of one, my mistake. Thank you for posting your "theoretical schedule". The funny thing is that I just came back home and I already missed today's burst race because I'm still trying to download the latest update and after few megabytes I'm getting "time out" error over and over again :(
i think the whole concept of scheduling races is disadvantageous. instead every player should be able to do a specified amount of races per week at any time, with an individual stopwatch that runs when u are logged into the specific race league. that way racing would become possible for everyone no matter when u work or what timezone u live in.

the scheduling we have at the moment is frustrating for so many people...
"
Nackt wrote:
i think the whole concept of scheduling races is disadvantageous. instead every player should be able to do a specified amount of races per week at any time, with an individual stopwatch that runs when u are logged into the specific race league. that way racing would become possible for everyone no matter when u work or what timezone u live in.

the scheduling we have at the moment is frustrating for so many people...

That is not a race, that is a time trial. It is something different. The closest you get to it currently is the signature races.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info