Where did all of the Cut Throat go?

So far looking ahead on the season schedule I see absolutely no cut throat events what so ever. I'm pretty sure last season only had a few events also. Why is there no pvp??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Besides the abandoned pvp matches in towns =(
"
bladed_death wrote:
So far looking ahead on the season schedule I see absolutely no cut throat events what so ever. I'm pretty sure last season only had a few events also. Why is there no pvp??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Besides the abandoned pvp matches in towns =(

"Cut-throat races are being pulled out of the season for more dedicated testing in preparation for 1.1.0. This is confirmation of planned long-term cut-throat in 1.1.0."
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
They come back in March with 1.1.0 and will be dropped in April again.

The best thing will be the wasteland CT leagues after 1 month.
1 month? try 2 hours
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
They are "balancing" meaning they will add some kind of restriction to prevent high levels gangbanging level 1s but I think lowers invading highers and highers might be only +3 levels is fine.

But since there will be no change to the grinding hell, mob HPs/damage even default ct will be dead within 1 month(meaning like 10 players left) There is no way you can make a comeback and that kills the league.

Imo they should first try a 1 week CT event and see how broken it will be and suddenly CT will make a comeback in 1.2.0.

Thanks for the info about CT hopefully coming back in march =) I mean im no computer programmer, but dont you think something like as you get farther in a act, the difference in the levels you can attack increases would work? So that would mean that super high levels couldnt just drop kids. For example, at the coast you could only get attacked by +or- 1 level, and then by the time you get to mervil it could be like 5 levels.

I dont know if this would be possible, but I also thought about how it would be cool to have areas be multi combat or single combat. Like how mudflats is generally a highly populated battleground at the end of CT events, so it could be multi. While other areas could be single target to make questing easier, but still allow for either solo pking, or questing.

Thoughts anyone?
Well the magic formula for normal would be +3 levels is the max that is fair.

On higher difficulties the difference might be bigger but the problem is following:

Somebody with level 69 and traded level 20 gems can easily kill other players with level 69 and level 15 gems or whatever is was the common level around level 69.

CT needs balance focus on PVP and not on Grinding. As long the game as is as grindy as regular leagues it's destined to fail.

The gems must always be on par with normal gameplay or level 20 gems need level 85-86 which would also suck cause it's focusses on grinding again.

Itemsmods also need to be adjusted, so high level bases aren't overpowered.

It's essential that CT receives a short term test. What's the point if it gets introduced like PVP without further testing and it just sucks.
I had the same ideas like other players in lvl 28 PVP in CB and the builds are still dominating.
Well there is less MultiTrap/Multiflicker because only 1 gem is useable but still.

It doesn't have to be a restriction. But there should be at last a warning on unfair encounters similar to D2 hosting and possibly a 3sec grace period for invaded disadvantaged players.

On the note of the short term test.

What if they did something like a pvp beta? then they wouldnt have to worry about items being transferred over to the main sever, but they still get a great idea of what things they would need to balance along with making a lot of people happy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info