Age of Conan Refugee with a few questions about PVP

So I've played AoC since its release and watched funcom blunder their population away. For anyone who hasn't played, the PVP was 100% THE BEST I have ever experienced. Sadly, the population is all but dead as a result of pvp community ignored.

After wasting time on the Elder Scrolls beta I now realise PoE is my best option for getting that pvp fix I've been hooked on.

I just have some questions before I really dig in:

1) Is there an over/underpowered class I should be aware of?

2) More nuances classes that have a larger learning curve /skillset?

3) Should I stay at 28 for pvp? I've heard this is the sweet spot?

4) Anything else is much appreciated.

Thanks all!
theres not so much an overpowered class as there are overpowered builds. Block in general is the best defensive mechanic in the game for pvp therefore almost all of the best builds utilize block in some way. some of the stronger builds are aegis/BoR block melee, crit dagger, explosive arrow, EK/block tank, sword/shield or 2her sword with anti block nodes, crit puncture, and of course the infamous righteous fire builds (requires no skill and is extremely OP when correctly geared)

there are many other builds that are viable when geared/played correctly such as trappers and summoners but they are not as common and require some experience in pvp to know how to use them right.

as for what level to pvp at, the main reason people like to pvp at level 28 is pretty simple. a level cap, unlike merciless pvp lvl 28 pvp allows people to pvp on a 'fair' table because everyone most likely will have the same amount of passive points. its easier to get into the lvl 28 pvp game because the gear doesnt cost nearly as much and there are good weapons like geofris maul and storm cloud bow which are very good weapons for LLD(low level dueling). High end pvp requires ALOT of gear and pvp experience to learn what are the capabilities of the high end builds and what you need to do to counter them. id say lvl 28 pvp is a good place to start off because you will get the hang of some pvp mechanics but it will be at a slower pace than merciless pvp.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Jan 12, 2014, 2:22:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info