Why should I race when I die to oos in large mob areas

I really want to play this game and put money into it. I see no reason to do so when I cannot even do the stuff that makes it fun...... Races! I try to keep up with some of the people on the updates but I cannot and that is fine. My problem is when I am doing well for myself and during the climb I run passed a few mobs to ST behind me and then "rubber band" back to the middle of the packs and none of my attacks have gone through and it is too late to start a HP and..... wait for it..... yup dead. Now I understand I have got myself killed a TON in the game. But when this happens I am supposed to keep /oos in my chat window for every 5 seconds while passing mobs?

After reading many posts about this they keep saying they will try to do something and it seems like the community has just rolled over to the fact that we are to just put up with it. I am not so sure what is the change between this and wow or other games scripting wise but I have NEVER received BS like this to the point where I can not do the enjoyable content. Call this crying or what you will but until this problem is resolved I will not put any money to the game as I do not pay for stuff that doesn't work.
Yeah I have desync died many times in races. Sucks.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
The replies you will get:

1. Pfft stop crying noob, get used to it
2. Go play another game
3. Play a different build
4. Use a /oos macro
5. Some other troll post about how they don't ever desync and that the games perfect
6. (this isn't a reply just a fact) Fanboys will come attack you

I think all of these are ridiculous. If you can seriously sit and say that the games fine and you will just have to "adapt" to desync, then why the hell is anyone playing? The only answer for that is..FANBOY

You can enjoy the game and critique it at the same time you know, it's not that bad of a thing to do. It helps let the dev's know that there's a serious issue and tbh the more people that "complain" about desync then HOPEFULLY the dev's will actually buckle down and do something.

Some guy told me that I should pay the 50 mil to the dev's so that they can fix desync. That's a joke. 50 million bucks to fix desync lol..yeah. I know plenty of indy games with less budget than GGG and they don't experience these issues, so I think GGG needs to do something about it.

People can disagree all they want, I don't give 2 shits. There is so many ARPGS coming out soon that most of these "beloved poe fanboys" will soon switch to a different game when they stop feeling that they HAVE to play PoE. I find it that more and more people feel they HAVE to sit and say how perfect the game is and that they can't ever go against that and say there's an issue..

Desync posts have been coming about for more than a fucking year, and how many dev posts have we seen about it? I think 2? Also 2 posts that didn't state IF they were going to be doing anything.

There is more and more of them flowing out too, and yet still no dev post. That just spells out bad news for me. I have quit for well over a month now and I try to keep updated on whats going on here in case they actually ever fix it.

Don't get your hopes up though, I doubt it'll ever get fixed. Also you wont get a good response from this community either, you have to have a troll thread with a stupid picture or a completely unrelated post to anything about the game. Try posting about fishing rods or something there's millions of those, and they see the most attention.

Or make a post interpreting that you know everyone and how they are all hardcore gamers, or something like that. Anyway, my long 2 cents for you OP.
Thank you to the people who commented back. I just need to bitch enough to get nothing done I guess. Well on to casual and waiting for the next ARPG.
Every game does have some form of lag type thing.

I understand everything everyone will say, but if you want to be a serious racer and do NOT have a programmable mouse, that you can program for the macro, you =\= serious racer.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
but if you want to be a serious racer and do NOT have a programmable mouse, that you can program for the macro, you =\= serious racer.

Otoh, the continuing lack of a direct ingame /oos keybind option is ridiculous.
IGN: KoTao
Type /oos
When desynced hit up and enter

Won't protect you from dying because the devs still haven't removed the horrible pathfinding on no mana and LoS in big packs but at last small packs won't kill you.

But simulated movement and small packs are less of a problem.

"
Morsexier wrote:
Every game does have some form of lag type thing.

I understand everything everyone will say, but if you want to be a serious racer and do NOT have a programmable mouse, that you can program for the macro, you =\= serious racer.

i use enter - up - enter still cause i cant find instant oos macro :^(
Desync unequivocally sux, but there are ways to mitigate it and make the experience much more enjoyable, while we wait for them to improve it.

See the other thread 3 posts down in this forum, Races and Rubberbanding.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info