chaos damage reflect (Death Oath)

To all pvp pro out there.
I was testing my new amour death oath and went to pvp. I was subsequently match up with a fire witch (CI build). obviously when I move close to him my Death Oath chaos DOT has no effect on him. But the funny thing is when I attack him with any of my skill, my death oath DOT was reflected back on me. I have check POEwiki and its state (There are no effects that reflect Chaos damage, making it useful against both types of reflection.) on the damage reflect section. I've already posted in the bug section to alert ggg. but in case I am nub and doesn't know the mechanic behind thus decided to post here and consult any pvp pro on what had just happen on the above mention chaos reflect.
thanks
you probably killed her totem. Causing the 2nd part of Death's Oath to apply.
IGN:LeoNemaeus/ GroundSlamHero
Could have been for killing totems as ketchupboy says. Never thought of that before:)

Also possible it was some of my infernal mantle fire damage that got to you making you think it was reflect? (assuming it was me. I have played against a death oath guy a few times lately and I have not seen any other fire based CI witch in PvP for a very very long time)
Last edited by Grildrak on Jan 8, 2014, 6:33:32 PM
sir thanks for the reply. but the 2 possible cause did not happen (totem and fire reflect mantle).
I tested 5 times when i normal attack the CI witch direct as I told him not to fight back. he did not attack me and my death oath chaos dot did indeed reflected back on me!!???.
i am quite sure its a bug UNLESS its a mechanic I don't know thus i really appreciate any pvp pro out there could provide some insight to what has happen.
Tks in advance sirs
totem or minion

if there was no totem / minion, its a bug and topic doesnt belong here
What is about Punishment Aura reflect?
"
MrDigital wrote:

shit curse, only physical dmg ...
"
mvm199 wrote:
"
MrDigital wrote:

Punishment is a great curse if using a summoner with a pack of zombies/skeletons. It does pretty damn good damage against frenzy flickerers, cycloners and EK'ers.

I would routinely one shot block EK'ers when using my summoner in pvp awhile back.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Jan 9, 2014, 8:54:01 AM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
mvm199 wrote:
"
MrDigital wrote:

Punishment is a great curse if using a summoner with a pack of zombies/skeletons. It does pretty damn good damage against frenzy flickerers, cycloners and EK'ers.

I would routinely one shot block EK'ers when using my summoner in pvp awhile back.

yeah for summoners, i didnt even care for them tho lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info