PvP progress update..what happens after 1.04?

"
Chris wrote:
We've described PvP tournaments in detail before, but essentially they're events structured into Seasons like our race events. Players enter with a specific character (or, for group events, a party) and try to win as many matches as they can in the specified time limit. We're still experimenting with the parameters of the event (for example, whether 30 minutes or one hour feels better, or whether a match is a "best of 3" or a "best of 5"), but we anticipate being able to start running some test events in the near future. Our plan is to test various tournament types for a week or so and then start the first PvP Tournament Season going. I currently expect to start these test events after 1.0.4 has been deployed.

It was initially our intention to have both of these features ready and enabled for release. As time was running low, we delayed them until they could be properly tested. I'm very sorry about the delays - I understand that a sizable portion of our community is eagerly waiting for better PvP support. I'm excited to confirm that their implementation is coming along well and that they're a high priority.

Thanks for your patience! I'm really looking forward to competing in the first PvP tournament season. Have a great weekend! I'll be working on the patch video for 1.0.3 and hopefully the third Build of the Week episode for this season.

ok so 1.05 plans were announced and nothing really about tourneys. Is there any timeline that you can hint when we should become more active or start topping our builds off for the season? Season 5 ended I imagine its coming soon. Many of my guildies are taking a break until further news for pvp as are many of the other vocal community pvpers. Take your time, I loved the duel option. Many of us are just bored and want a reason for adrenaline to pump through our veins, I guess I will strap some steaks to my back and run through bear and wolf country until the season starts.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Damn that sucks. I've taken a break from pvp the last few weeks for the most part. Just waiting on tourneys now.

Most of my ICU pvp guild has done the same, or so I believe.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
Damn that sucks. I've taken a break from pvp the last few weeks for the most part. Just waiting on tourneys now.

Most of my ICU pvp guild has done the same, or so I believe.

Yup, with christmas and new year, I wasn't able to play lately (Merry christmas and Happy new year btw :D)
And I've respec my main for pve, waiting for pvp tourney
IGN: DullahanTheHeadless
Prob. wont be able to play PvP tournaments if its not on a Holiday. (Or Weekend)

Im so sad. Still waiting on cutthroat aswell.....
So we can't do it unless it falls at a time when I'm not busy. Thats not fair to people with jobs...
IGN Oprahs_Gynecologist
I honestly don't expect pvp tournaments or anything largely related to pvp/open pvp or anything of the sort until after 1.07. Likely as part of the "expansion" release first quarter. Which is fine, I just hope it delivers and isn't leaving people like myself going "fuck..........I just mapped til 9x and really really can't do this any longer. Now pvp still didn't get where I hoped it would". Id have to just quit, really nothing left to do at that point.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 3, 2014, 9:39:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info