Summoner/Pets in PvP

Just did my first duel, player wanted to test soemthing out, so I went for it.

ALL MY SUMMONS LEFT at the start.

Not really fair to a pure pet class to lose all your pets at the start.
I realize PvP is mostly geared for 1v1 type builds, but throw a friggin bone ha.

What a joke. No spectres, no zombies, nothing.

I realize Summoner is never a good option in PvP, but that's just completely unfair. I couldn't even fight.

Pretty sad.
Last edited by gr00grams on Dec 31, 2013, 12:13:09 AM
There's plenty of bodies to raise zombies in the arenas. I've managed to make it work, using skeles as well and remained competitive.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
There's plenty of bodies to raise zombies in the arenas. I've managed to make it work, using skeles as well and remained competitive.

It took the other player 1 cyclone to wipe 14 skeletons. he let me summon them all as I was just standing there.

Need the spectres if a summoner is to be at all viable in high-level PvP.

Player just tore through all zombies/skeles effortlessly, even with enfeeble/chains on them.

EDIT* It's not a big deal tbh, if I was going to go into pvp with any seriousness, I wouldn't use a summoner, but hot damn what a joke to disband your summons.

Like what would u do then for each round? Summoner is just not suited to PvP at all.

Last edited by gr00grams on Dec 31, 2013, 12:39:08 AM
What level were your minions? I had a +2 helm, so I had mine at level 22. Also used minion instability and punishment curse. They'll think twice before tearing through your summons next time. :)

Faster casting is extremely important for pvp. I stacked as much as I could since getting your army up as fast as possible is paramount.

A big mistake is to use a pve setup for pvp. Meaning lots of auras, mana hungry supports, and spectres don't work very well.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Dec 31, 2013, 12:50:50 AM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
What level were your minions? I had a +2 helm, so I had mine at level 22. Also used minion instability and punishment curse. They'll think twice before tearing through your summons next time. :)

Faster casting is extremely important for pvp. I stacked as much as I could since getting your army up as fast as possible is paramount.

A big mistake is to use a pve setup for pvp. Meaning lots of auras, mana hungry supports, and spectres don't work very well.

Had all the things you mention with permanent curse even.
Still tore through them in under a second.

Summoner in PvP is always a joke, but losing all your pets is just an added kick in the jimmies.

The next round, I was allowed to summon my army totally, and all player did was use a teleport like melee attack to instant target me and wipe, which is the smart thing to do and what I'd do.

It's ok, there is no reason to defend it, but the disbanding summons is just added insult ha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info