Rogues at Brutus

Please remove them. It is just stupid. Especially on Turbo. And that was a "competitive race" lol. As long as exiles can spawn in Brutus' room, turbo rogue races can be no more than "fun races".
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Dec 27, 2013, 4:33:29 AM
They need to either never be there or be there for everyone.

This season I've gotten the exile-Brutus pair more times than not. It's probably a race ender for the vast majority of racers to get this on turbo. Get Xandro or Igna in there, and it's over for everyone unless somehow you glitch out the exile with line of sight (unlikely due to their 50 screen agro range).
Answer me ggg, what game design or competitive purpose does having a chance for one of these two spawning with Brutus or Merveil serve? It is just rng saying, "All right, race over, get your coat."
Last edited by boof on Dec 27, 2013, 5:19:15 AM
"
boof wrote:
They need to either never be there or be there for everyone.

This.

Ive been lucky this season and only had one incident each with brutus and merveil, and it was one of those lower threat melee exiles both times so i wasnt forced to bail, but it sure is a huge (and potentially race-losing) waste of time.
IGN: KoTao
I was rank 1 when I encountered Brutus. There was an exile. Logged, took waypoint in Lower Prison, made new Upper Prison, another exile with Brutus. There was absolutely no chance of me surviving that.

Competitive race is competitive.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Dec 27, 2013, 5:36:58 AM
Do you think 1h Rogue is "competive"? It's all about luck.

I don't consider Igna that strong but rather time intensive if you are melee.

On the other hand Xandro on an early phase is a BLAMT like.

Had it once right at Mud Flats guarding the glyphs even with a Coral I got killed in 2 attacks.
Does he even has a delay when he casts Anger? It seems like it just appears and then he leaps/casts Vulnerability.

I would say level 15+ areas are fine if either HP or Regen are toned down but everything earlier will result in a Stunlock+Rip.
On higher level areas it's a huge waste of time it doesn't drop better items but it got really annoying regeneration.

In a 1h Rogue I only got to level 15 because I got killed by Xandro twice. 1 time in Flats and 1 time at Prisoners Gate.

Make a Xandro 2h Race once. Xandro spawns in every area and it will be just like a Blamt race.
Everybody getting Xandro in unavoidable spots gets killed.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Do you think 1h Rogue is "competive"? It's all about luck.

I don't consider Igna that strong but rather time intensive if you are melee.

On the other hand Xandro on an early phase is a BLAMT like.

Had it once right at Mud Flats guarding the glyphs even with a Coral I got killed in 2 attacks.
Does he even has a delay when he casts Anger? It seems like it just appears and then he leaps/casts Vulnerability.

I would say level 15+ areas are fine if either HP or Regen are toned down but everything earlier will result in a Stunlock+Rip.
On higher level areas it's a huge waste of time it doesn't drop better items but it got really annoying regeneration.

In a 1h Rogue I only got to level 15 because I got killed by Xandro twice. 1 time in Flats and 1 time at Prisoners Gate.

Make a Xandro 2h Race once. Xandro spawns in every area and it will be just like a Blamt race.
Everybody getting Xandro in unavoidable spots gets killed.

Igna can shot gun you with her fireballs how is that not strong? Not to mention as soon as you see her the lagstorm spam happens, especially on turbo. Imagine fighting turbo brutus on top of that.
Last edited by Rithz on Dec 27, 2013, 10:11:54 AM
I got one shot by igna in a party race. She's pretty op especially if you get her in an instance where you don't have a fire res ring on.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Well Hilbert, I made this thread because I was mostly concerned with fighting whatever exile and Brutus at the same time. But now that you bring Xandro up.. is it just me or does he have a higher probability of spawning than the rest of the exiles? I have done two rogue turbo races the past week or so and in both, I met Xandro twice before Brutus.
"
Igna can shot gun you with her fireballs how is that not strong? Not to mention as soon as you see her the lagstorm spam happens, especially on turbo. Imagine fighting turbo brutus on top of that.

You have to dance around to prevent shotguns, that's time intensive. Burn doesn't stack.

I consider lightning shotgun damage far more dangerous because crit shotgunning is just broken.
You could can survive 4 slams by brutus but a skeleton in upper prison with LMP crit can One Shot you.

The problem is how critrolling applies. Instead of each projectile rolling like every proper game does it, it's a roll per attack.

Imagine you do a draw in Poker and you instantly get a triple and crit would be triple Ace.

"
I got one shot by igna in a party race. She's pretty op especially if you get her in an instance where you don't have a fire res ring on.

I had her the first Lethal Turbo Rogue Race. Well everybody goes ranged there. But depending on class,area, mode and build I consider non Xandro Exiles more dangerous than Igna.

For example in Cavern of Angern the Exiles with chance to freeze are more dangerous than igna because of suiciders.

And in Case of Brutus you can still abuse the stairs against ranged exiles.

"
Well Hilbert, I made this thread because I was mostly concerned with fighting whatever exile and Brutus at the same time.

That's why I said "competive"

"
But now that you bring Xandro up.. is it just me or does he have a higher probability of spawning than the rest of the exiles?

No it's not just you.
I heavily suspect that some exiles are more common in events:Glacial Hammer,RoA, Summoner, VS+WB and Xandro while others seem to be quiet rare such as the Multistriker, Igna or the Lightning/Icearrow One.

In this season in each Rogue Event I participated I had at last 3 Xandro instances.

I met 8 exiles in "Fun" Events. 4 times it was Xandro, 1 time the Glacial Hammer guy, 1 time the WB+WS guy, 1 time the spark+lw guy and 1 time the 2h sword duelist.

I guess the devs had the "good" idea to promote Xandro with Fun and Rogue events.
But Xandro early on is like BLAMT to me I don't like it.

If the devs like the idea to fill a race with Heavy/OneShotting exiles they should lable it as such an event.

I certainly won't participate in events where regenerating Stunlockers, Permafrost, Shockstackers and other broken mechanic exiles are quiet common.(yeah only Xandro exists so far but that doesn't prevent the devs to create Freezemine, Coldsnap, Icespear exiles and such stuff)
There is a cold snap one already. He is not fun either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info