Horrid Timing on 1 week race

really disappointed. do you consider your players who have to go back to school anywhere from the 2nd to the 6th. i can safely say, at least 1/4 of your players are either in school or in college. I go back on the sixth (Which luckiy means I'll only miss out on 2-3 days of race time depending if i need to re-adjust my sleep schedule for 1 day and then actually do the sleep schedule for the second and the third will be spent at school.) and honestly this will put players behind so much. people who do this for a living or are unemployed/living with parents in between school years have this HUGE HUGE advantage,

1) Not tired from classes when getting home

2)4-8 Hours of extra time then us

3) a group of high ranking players said the winning players would most likely average 120+ hours out of the 168 if not more Now everyone in school can say GOODBYE to 56 hours of game play while in school (8*7) not to mention having to wake up early/go to bed early limits time outside of school/college. so lets say take off another 4 hours for each day and people who are in school are left with a grand total of 36 hours even if they would normally with no school/college play for 120 hours during a race.

Really disappointed

With the update to push it to the 2nd it's even worse
The pushback is indeed really unfortunate for everyone on break from school.
ign: aan_allein_daishan
"
koticgood wrote:

I hated the timing even before the pushback, still people would miss 4-6 days of it if they go back on the 2ndish.
"
Aceonfire wrote:
"
koticgood wrote:

I hated the timing even before the pushback, still people would miss 4-6 days of it if they go back on the 2ndish.

This would pretty much always be the case though. During the holidays most people meet friends and family. After the holidays they have to go back to school/work. Same is true for the summer holidays where most people go on vacation, etc..

For a one week race there is absolutely never a perfect time for everybody. That's why I'm personally not a huge fan of 1 week races to begin with and in addition to that there is the obvious problem of not wanting to play 120+ hours a week just to compete in a single race.

Just imagine the complaints of people had GGG scheduled the 1 week race to being during or over christmas (1 week earlier): "I cant make it because I have to meet friends and family" - "Im on vacation for a week" blablbla, etc, etc...

Whenever I read complaints about race scheduling it always baffles me how self-centred most people are.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 27, 2013, 2:12:34 PM
Did you guys realise that this not part of the race schedule, and is just for fun, right?
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Aceonfire wrote:
"
koticgood wrote:

This would pretty much always be the case though. During the holidays most people meet friends and family. After the holidays they have to go back to school/work. Same is true for the summer holidays where most people go on vacation, etc..

For a one week race there is absolutely never a perfect time for everybody. That's why I'm personally not a huge fan of 1 week races to begin with and in addition to that there is the obvious problem of not wanting to play 120+ hours a week just to compete in a single race.

Just imagine the complaints of people had GGG scheduled the 1 week race to being during or over christmas (1 week earlier): "I cant make it because I have to meet friends and family" - "Im on vacation for a week" blablbla, etc, etc...

Whenever I read complaints about race scheduling it always baffles me how self-centred most people are.

Summer is a perfect time, let's be honest here atleast 1/4 of players are still in school/college so summer is perfect,

my issue with this is that they could've done it in a way to minimize work/school missed.. E.G. start it Wednesday before Christmas have it end on Christmas (Most colleges let out either that friday or Wednesday so i think that'd be great! my school let out on that Wednesday. Hell i would've taken 26th-2nd. that's my issue theres optimal times where it's so close to the holiday some people still have it off.

I'm not self centered (Mostly) just when your going to ignore at least a 25% population of your game it kinda ticks me off. (IF NOT MORE, i realize this game is based towards older crowds like myself (17) to ages towards early 30's+) that still includes highschool students and (like myself) and the college students.
The 1 week race doesn't happen once a year. I'm sure you'll get one during summer time too.
The race is not part of the season, so they can't do it during the normal race season. It's just a way to keep racers occupied between seasons.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Aceonfire wrote:
Summer is a perfect time, let's be honest here atleast 1/4 of players are still in school/college so summer is perfect,

Uh it is summer (in New Zealand). *wink*

"
Aceonfire wrote:
my issue with this is that they could've done it in a way to minimize work/school missed.. E.G. start it Wednesday before Christmas have it end on Christmas (Most colleges let out either that friday or Wednesday so i think that'd be great! my school let out on that Wednesday. Hell i would've taken 26th-2nd. that's my issue theres optimal times where it's so close to the holiday some people still have it off.

Keep in mind they threw this thing together at very short notice due to popular demand. The scheduling was pretty much guaranteed to be awkward. Despite my complaining, i'm happy to have it, blemishes and all, rather than nothing. There's been way too many short races and too few long races the last couple seasons.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
could reward different feats, things that can be accomplished in a day ( /played ) if you try hard:

defeating normal/cruel/merciless dom with the least amount of /played

grinding exp for top position is a questionable feat (I congratulate you on beating all the bosses to get to that point tho)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info