Practice Descent Champions

Would be neat to see a descent champions that is more static where you can run it (only 1 hour at a time) any time you like. I race my friends on skype as opposed to racing for position most of the time and this would be brilliant fun.
As a competitive racer, I would really like the opportunity to practice descent and descent champions.

I applaud GGG for all the work they have put into the Descent races, but D. Champs ended up being a race type that I was least enthusiastic to play by the end of the season. I was rather excited for the first 5 or so races, trying to figure out the best strategy and so on. As the season continued I felt that I performed much worse in these races than in most other race types, I believe largely due to my inability to practice it.

I suppose an argument could be made that by prohibiting practice this race type tests you ability to innovate and quickly apply game knowledge to adjust to new situations, as well as keeping it a fresh experience. For me, not being able to practice mostly kept it a frustrating experience.

I think it is fine as fun type race, perhaps even a competitive type next season now that so many have been run this season. However, I will be really disappointed if this both becomes the new signature race season 6 and there is still no way to practice it. Very disappointed.
"
cobaIt wrote:

I suppose an argument could be made that by prohibiting practice this race type tests you ability to innovate and quickly apply game knowledge to adjust to new situations, as well as keeping it a fresh experience.

You are 100% correct.

I find that keeping the overall season of racing from going stale, having race types that you can't practice is key (alongside the fact that it's not taking place within the regular game).

You aren't frustrated by turbo, or ancestral? I'm assuming not, but it's the same deal with respect to practice.

That being said, if descent champs became a signature, many hearty lols would be had, followed by salty tears of utter disappointment.
Last edited by boof on Dec 25, 2013, 12:11:41 AM
"
boof wrote:
I find that keeping the overall season of racing from going stale, having race types that you can't practice is key (alongside the fact that it's not taking place within the regular game).

+1.
I'd personally really like an open league of descent champions and or descent during this race season break. Make it open until the next season starts and it has no side benefits besides being able to play it.
"
boof wrote:
"
cobaIt wrote:

I suppose an argument could be made that by prohibiting practice this race type tests you ability to innovate and quickly apply game knowledge to adjust to new situations, as well as keeping it a fresh experience.

That being said, if descent champs became a signature, many hearty lols would be had, followed by salty tears of utter disappointment.

I'd be pretty pissed if this happend and would really love it if there was a "practice" league if it did become the signature.
man, descent champions as signature would just be absolutely silly.

"oh you could get the record, sorry here's a room full of blue lightning thorn bitches!!! Oh and no lightning res on gear for you, trollz"
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 28, 2013, 10:10:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info