trapper and merc pvp

It seems like standing on your own trap is something you shouldnt do in pvp.

just wanna know if there is someone else who dares to play a trapper? will a trap build ever be socially acceptable?

they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
"
Funcrusher wrote:
It seems like standing on your own trap is something you shouldnt do in pvp.

just wanna know if there is someone else who dares to play a trapper? will a trap build ever be socially acceptable?

Why can't you stand on traps? It pisses some people off? There's many counters to it so I'm not sure what their problem would be...

I was thinking of remaking my Ballstothewall trapper today. Maybe we'll find out. :)

Edit: I just noticed it was about merc pvp. I think it's more acceptable now to make a trapper, at least among the regular crowd that pvp's a lot. I haven't seen many pure trappers other than CureaToe though but he hardly plays and is low level 70's.

As a merc archer I stand on traps all the time and don't get much qq's.

I don't think a pure trapper is that viable though since they can be picked off at range quite easily.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Dec 21, 2013, 9:31:32 AM
you are right about trap builds being countered by ranged players.. and i do think there are quite some counters to it even for melee players..

I hope i can add some more active skills besides traps but since i specced into trap it should be my main dmg dealer and standing on some while facing a melee player is kinda essential to the build and playstyle.

yes, i think i piss off melee much.

they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
"
Funcrusher wrote:
you are right about trap builds being countered by ranged players.. and i do think there are quite some counters to it even for melee players..

I hope i can add some more active skills besides traps but since i specced into trap it should be my main dmg dealer and standing on some while facing a melee player is kinda essential to the build and playstyle.

yes, i think i piss off melee much.

Ya. With Clever Construction it makes it quite hard as a melee to fight trappers.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Dec 21, 2013, 3:41:16 PM
players just need to be active and aware and throwing traps of their own. If melee is quicksilver bull rushing through your traps they deserve to die quick and easy.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info