12 Hour Endless Ledge Is Too Long

While i highly enjoyed the race, IMO 12 hours is too long for Endless Ledge. Because of the ceaseless, absurd intensity levels, it is much more mentally and physically taxing than other race modes.

For non-permanent Endless Ledge, i think 4 or 6 hours at most would be a better fit.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Dec 17, 2013, 4:42:37 AM
That's like saying a one week race is too long.
If it's too long for you, then that's not a race you're setting out to win. You can partake and have some fun, but make your peace that you won't win it ahead of time.
This feedback is coming from someone who played all 12 hours, with no break. It's simply not a good default length for this format.

Shorter or longer would work much better. Longer is fine because no one can go 24 hours or more without a break. 12 isn't a good length because it is around the limit of what we can do in one sitting and thus encourages that, but the format is too intense for it to be a good idea.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Dec 17, 2013, 7:40:44 PM
I suggested to break events several times so longer events are more competive such as instead of an 8h race you get 4x2h races.

Just move the characters to for example S0xEyB->S0xEyC->S0xEyD.
But well No Lifing seems to be a big part of PoE.

Just look at the "immense" competition of 8h monday events.

I managed to make the top 50 of that event and I "only" played for 7 hours. Got kind of mad there was a Descent Champions in the middle of it.

It burned me out. I think I've only done 1 race since then? Maybe 2. Less than I had been doing. Haven't been paying attention to POE news or forums either. My engagement with the game is tanking...
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
I managed to make the top 50 of that event and I "only" played for 7 hours. Got kind of mad there was a Descent Champions in the middle of it.

It burned me out. I think I've only done 1 race since then? Maybe 2. Less than I had been doing. Haven't been paying attention to POE news or forums either. My engagement with the game is tanking...

This happens after one weeks, or serious mapping periods for just about everyone in a game like this. Just take some time off and come back whenever you feel like it, keeps the community strong a year from now instead of being permanently burned out.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Yea, I think you're right. I'm still going for the 220pt reward but I got off pace so I don't know if I can make it anymore.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to say that long events contribute to burn out and, like party races, it seems like very few people actually utilize the format. In party races, lots of people just solo while in 12hr races most seem to play just a piece of it. I don't know how beneficial it is for the game to have things that barely get utilized and contribute to burnout when they are.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
Yea, I think you're right. I'm still going for the 220pt reward but I got off pace so I don't know if I can make it anymore.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to say that long events contribute to burn out and, like party races, it seems like very few people actually utilize the format. In party races, lots of people just solo while in 12hr races most seem to play just a piece of it. I don't know how beneficial it is for the game to have things that barely get utilized and contribute to burnout when they are.

The success of a few teams in PoE contributes to the notion that people don't play it. Unfortunately with so many races, there is a little incentive when you and your team have little chance of beating the top 2-3 teams.

I don't disagree, just saying that people have been beaten into submission almost.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info