Endless Ledge Boss Drops

Please substantially improve high level (30+) boss drops in long ledge races.

Seeing 3-4 whites drop from bosses over and over again is beyond depressing, especially if you're sporting weapons/gear that's about 20 levels outdated.

There needs to be SOMETHING that injects small boosts to the player's power as zone levels get higher. I won't go so far as to say put in provisions checkpoints with supports/skills/currency a la descent, or to improve global currency drop rates, but as it is now, long endless ledge races have become the definition of tedium.

My problems with long ledge races aside, it just plain doesn't make sense to see these high level area bosses drop next to nothing. I was genuinely surprised to see the occasional blue drop from them.
Anyone else share this experience or did rngesus just take a massive dump on my chest/face?
if i didnt die early i would give some smart feedback on this one
That's how EL works. 24h EL I had no luck at all. 12h EL I had quiet good luck.

If I had played anything else but 2h melee, I wouldn't have got much luck.
The best caster weapon was a 75 spell dmg 2h staff.
And there wasn't a single good bow.

I would rather wish an improvement after level 42 or 47+ Zones because that's the point you will be outleveled again.
Or create a mapmod like "Players receive x% less exp penalty"
I think that's part of the charm of EL, that the drops aren't improved or reduced relative to the actual game. It's meant to be very random. That makes every run unique and memorable. I enjoy the fact that each run is wildly different. Sometimes you get an aura, most of the time you don't. Sometimes you get a good support gem, most of the time you don't. Etc. It's a much more challenging format and i like it the way it is. It's a lot more replayable than the extremely repetitive nature of the regular races, where you get the exact same gems every single time.

EL is not for everyone, and i feel like many of those who complain about EL are doing it wrong. I.e. they shouldn't be playing it if they don't like it the way it is. GGG provide a wide variety of race types so we can pick and choose to play the ones we like.

If you're hellbent on getting points, that's a personal issue that should not be taken into account in balancing race types. No one is forcing you to play modes you don't like for rewards. ;)
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Classic descent boss drops seemed to be heavily buffed the last couple times i participated. Were EL boss drops not also buffed? They could probably use a moderate buff if not, as theres not much point in the bosses being comparatively difficult and time consuming while dropping white items and giving next to no xp. Makes them pretty pointless.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
Classic descent boss drops seemed to be heavily buffed the last couple times i participated. Were EL boss drops not also buffed? They could probably use a moderate buff if not, as theres not much point in the bosses being comparatively difficult and time consuming while dropping white items and giving next to no xp. Makes them pretty pointless.

I can't recall the drops from early bosses, but I don't remember them being awful. Definitely not Descent boss level of drop though.
High level bosses literally drop predominantly whites.
So bosses in the currently running EL were dropping trash, mostly whites with 1 rare between 4 bosses. Needs improvement.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Dec 17, 2013, 8:49:42 AM
Yeah I was wrong, the early ones are garbage too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info