Race Rewards Give Little Incentive

What if instead of accumulating points to get unique rewards we could save up reward points to purchase the unique rewards we want at a set price! Better rewards would be worth more points obviously. And you could only purchase 1 of each reward per account(and/or IP address)

Example with this season's rewards:
Kaom's Sign, Cost: 8 points
Storm Cloud, Cost: 13 points
Fairgrave's Tricorn, Cost: 22 points
Moonstone Ring, Cost: 35 points
Gifts From Above, Cost: 50 points
Divination Distillate, Cost: 67 points
Le Heup of All, Cost: 88 points
Queen's Decree, Cost: 115 points
Perandus Signet, Cost: 200 points
Auxium, Cost: 375 points

This would allow players who don't race in 80%+ of all races to get some of the better rewards!
Top players are already rewarded substantially by getting more points and the unique Demigod items. Why should they also have exclusive access to the alt art Auxium for example?(In all 4 season I have raced in, only the handful of top players get the 1000 point reward item)

I just want more of a reason to race. And Race Reward costs instead of accumulation would do it for me.

Let GGG know if you are also in support of this!
Identifying items on the ground: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562689
Talismans as quest rewards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690768
eventhough the current system is flawed its still better than this system. most "high" point rewards would lose value cause youd be able to get them even if you are really bad racer but participate in alot of events.

slightly offtopic i think but i like the suggestion thats been posted about only counting the "best" 100 events towards points per season and make a schedule with 200-250 events. as long as ggg could make some sense to their extremely inconsistent C/F system having this many events would not exactly be harmful for value of demis either
Last edited by janimauk on Dec 12, 2013, 5:22:50 AM
"
janimauk wrote:

slightly offtopic i think but i like the suggestion thats been posted about only counting the "best" 100 events towards points per season and make a schedule with 200-250 events. as long as ggg could make some sense to their extremely inconsistent C/F system having this many events would not exactly be harmful for value of demis either

This.

I've been skipping too many races recently, the problem is not so much that there are too many races (far from it), but simply the schedule, I can't wake up every 5 hours to do a couple races, and then go to bed again for a few hours just so I can do the next 2.

Solution, like jani said, only count top 100 races and have 300 events on the race schedule, that way players can skip races they don't want to do or have no time for without losing out on points but the amount of races for everyone, especially more casual players, to participate in would be much greater.

By far the best solution.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 12, 2013, 6:22:26 AM
"
janimauk wrote:

slightly offtopic i think but i like the suggestion thats been posted about only counting the "best" 100 events towards points per season and make a schedule with 200-250 events.

"
boof wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:

slightly offtopic i think but i like the suggestion thats been posted about only counting the "best" 100 events towards points per season and make a schedule with 200-250 events.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info