Descent Champions

This race is completely retarded, first 3 maps make no sense at all and you get lost constantly, last 3 maps are way to hard to even get through, even with resists, inner map 3 is completely retarded and has arc mages in ever single room with crit or something stupid, and they don't even have shield chargers, that's completely dumb, how can you get though a room that instantly kills you before you can even react? if you agree with me just Bump so devs can see this.
I was about to make a complaint post about the first 3 maps, but might as well just reply here.

Entrance hall + chattering/croaking + rasping halls needs to be fixed.
Any racer without maphack is playing a huge gamble in the early game, since the first maps make no sense and are way too large. What i mean by too large, is that people in races want to skip low level zones fast, and it's really runing the motivation to continue if you get lost in the first few maps.

Sometimes you get lucky and run a straight line and find exit. Sometimes you have to search several corridors and look into the large rooms if they continue or not. This is especially slow in the early game since we don't have quicksilvers provided to us that early.

This early map rng in descent champions is broken, since when you lose several minutes running in these mazey low level dungeons like an idiot, it will cost you valuable farming time we need in the last zones.

Please make the first maps smaller, or less mazey or both.
IGN: Rollface
I complained about the layout the very first race(having taken the worst possible path)

So here my feedback for each area aside boss ones without the difficulty of chosen mobs:

Entrance Hall: Too big and too many dead ends. Horrible.
Chattering/Croaking Halls: Too big and too many dead ends. Horrible.

Rasping Halls: Too big and too many dead ends also there is no clear indication where the Freezing Chamber is. Worst area possible.

Freezing chamber: Ok

Dungeon of Anarachy: Great

Dungeon of Necromance: Great

Hollow Cave: Ok

Haunted Dungeon: Good aside there is no proper indication where the Obelisk of Faith is.

Burning Cave: Pre 1.02 confusing(possibly bugged) Post 1.02 OK but it lacks an indication where the chamber of greed is.

Obelisk of Faith: Sometimes ok sometimes bad. It's bad in cases when you can't leap on certain pillars for whatever reason or you do on the client and resync after some time.

Chamber fo Greed: Great

Necromantic Crypt: Great

Diabolic Crypt Great.

Misty cave: Way too many dead ends(monsters are there) and too much of a maze.

Frozen Cave: Less of a maze than misty cave but pretty much the same issues. Way too many dead ends with monsters and a big too big.

Ember Crypt: Great

Stormy Ledge: My favorite layout(why not in endless ledge without shocking ground?) but chest position should be corrected. When I did it I assumed there is no chest.

Inner Halls: Level 1-3 OK. The main issue here is the first bigger chamber. If it's filled with champs/rares you are possibly done for.

Especially Inner Halls 3 makes progressing impossible in some cases.

I would like the first 3 areas to shrink in size and make dead ends more obvious.
The 3rd Area should have got an indicator such as chilling ground where the freezing chamber is located

The Obelisk of faith needs some jump checking. While it's always possible to get to the exit aside if you are level <level 10. Some jumps are impossible unless you are a goat.

The grotto like cave areas need some shortcuts.

The cavern like caves need to shrink and be less based on dead ends. More Big rooms would be favorable.

The inner halls need a room before the first big room with 1-2 optional paths.

The loss of time in the first 3 areas can go up to 10 minutes in the worst case. The only players doing constantly good in the first 3 areas are maphack users.
It just can't be the case in one race you kill the totem after 6 minutes and in the other race after 16 minutes because you got into a dead end.
In some cases it's even smarter to relog and than run back half of the map.

I think a good solution would be to either auto populate the mini-map and/or connect all of the rooms. That way it takes the luck element out, while people can still choose whether to run straight through or clear the levels for survivability.

I thoroughly DISAGREE about the difficulty being "retarded" though. The challenge is part of the fun.
It's not a "challenge" to survive a room full of arc casters... It's a gear check plain and simple. There is no skill in engaging them. There is no skill in killing them quickly. It is a gear check and a did I get crit check.
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
You guys are having trouble with the first room... Lol
"
grindis123 wrote:
I was about to make a complaint post about the first 3 maps, but might as well just reply here.

Entrance hall + chattering/croaking + rasping halls needs to be fixed.
Any racer without maphack is playing a huge gamble in the early game, since the first maps make no sense and are way too large. What i mean by too large, is that people in races want to skip low level zones fast, and it's really runing the motivation to continue if you get lost in the first few maps.

Sometimes you get lucky and run a straight line and find exit. Sometimes you have to search several corridors and look into the large rooms if they continue or not. This is especially slow in the early game since we don't have quicksilvers provided to us that early.

This early map rng in descent champions is broken, since when you lose several minutes running in these mazey low level dungeons like an idiot, it will cost you valuable farming time we need in the last zones.

Please make the first maps smaller, or less mazey or both.

are you serious lel
"
You guys are having trouble with the first room... Lol

Yes. For those of with a real chance at competing for top spots, wasting 45 seconds in a terrible zone because the tileset was never, ever, designed with racing in mind is a real annoyance.

"
Wiseman wrote:

are you serious lel

Yes he is, many people do and continue to do on a daily basis.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Grindis is right.

Here is an example of a rather bad layout but there are far worse...

You don't see all taken paths but the majority went up quiet far. I lost like 6 minutes in the first area when the first players already hit the totems.
It's 100% gambling if you have to go up or go east or go east and up.
But I have also seen far worse layouts.

Subtract 3 to 4 minutes from race time on that zone alone. Every time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info