Day 8 - Hacking in PoE

The discussion on the relevant forums is that there is no cheat detection of any kind in place.

In baseball everyone began to use steroids primarily because it appeared that everyone was doing it, so how else would you stay competitive?

I honestly have a lot more to post, but with the amount of censorship in the forum I'm thinking this entire post will get removed.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
I'd be beyond surprised if they even touch your post o.0
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
inb4 [Removed by Admin]
i dont think devs even open these threads anymore.
wait a second...

I thought we all endured gamebreaking desync in order to make the client unhackable.

Basically theres nothing client side you can hack...unless they were lying about the whole desync thing.
just for try, for see and for know
"
wait a second...

I thought we all endured gamebreaking desync in order to make the client unhackable.

Basically theres nothing client side you can hack...unless they were lying about the whole desync thing.

The desync is to stop people hacking things in a way that change the outcomes. The 'hacking' Moresexier is talking about isn't hacking to change anything on the server, it is just hacking to get information in advance of when normal people get it. Which isn't really an advantage in normal playing, but is a huge advantage in a race.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Whenever I've brought up an anti-cheating tool in the past, people made the argument that anti-cheating tools are external programs and extract data from your computer which equals an invasion of privacy.

But I find that argument blatantly absurd, I mean there is clearly a double standard here, because in regards to games such as Counter Strike and SC2, I never see people make that same argument.

I just don't see a reason for there not to be an anti-cheating tool in path of exile, maybe make running the program a minimum requirement to be able to participate in a race.

That way, it wouldn't affect the players who just want to play the normal game at all, but for races it would guarantee fair competition.

GGG might not have the resources for such a program, but clearly there are solutions to the problem. Many games use anti-cheating tools to make sure players can't cheat or at least get banned if they cheat.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Just somewhat learned about the hacking situation.. It is pathetic that some go to that level for this kind of game. :\ This is my first season participating in races and events, punishing my sleep to make each race possible so far since I started. It has been a lot of fun but RNG should be the only factor in these accompanied by player skill / knowledge of the game. No scummy cheaters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info