Why are race times always the same?

(Using NZ time in this thread, the exact times are irrelevant to my point.)

The races are always at the same time of day each day. For example, in my timezone, the races usually start at:
12am
2am
5am
7am
9am
12pm
3pm
7pm
10pm

I understand that this is better than all being in the morning, for eg - it is well spread out. The problem is that this means there are some timezones which get a massive benefit compared to others, because they are an hour earlier or later. A person who had the same times of day available (due to work or school, say) as another person in a different timezone could find themselves less able to race just because of an hour or two's difference.

My question - why not just have the races at all hours of the day? Why not start then at 1am, or 6am, or 11am, or 1pm, etc etc...?

If the races were actually evenly spread out, instead of being concentrated at select times, then there would be much less iniquity between timezones. Nobody could complain that their timezone had it bad, because it would be demonstrably untrue.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
+1
Why are all of the ones that most working people can run just the standard variety? You'd think they'd have a way to track which types and time slots are the most popular and adjust accordingly...
Last edited by feyith on Jan 11, 2014, 3:08:18 AM
"
feyith wrote:
Why are there even races at 2am

Did you seriously just ask this?
"
boof wrote:
"
feyith wrote:

When i was 4 years old, i was sure that if it was raining in my back yard, it was raining across the entire world.

It took a good year or 2 for my mother to convince me that this wasnt the case.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
"
boof wrote:
"
feyith wrote:

When i was 4 years old, i was sure that if it was raining in my back yard, it was raining across the entire world.

It took a good year or 2 for my mother to convince me that this wasnt the case.

I agree and this was funny.
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
| The STFU Truck |||""'|""\__,_
| _____________ l||__|__|__|) |
(@)@)"""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)
OP: because some times of day have more activity than others. Those 9 time slots are the results of multiple seasons of data showing them when are the best times to start races.

Not saying it's perfect. In my world there would be races running 24/7 so that no human could play them all, and everyone could play when they have free time, no matter how little time they had.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info