Idea for a new race mod: Marathon

If you logout or disconnect for any reason, you are disqualified. It can be added to any other existing race mod. After failing a race recently, I switched to a streamers channel and what I found was disgusting.

I know it would suck for those with less than reliable Internet service, but I believe it would only affect an extremely small percentage of the population, much less then the ensuing forum crying would lead you to believe. Those that are truly affected can simply avoid races with this mod.

Logging out to take a shortcut, or to save your life should not be a viable race strategy. It doesn't bother me so much in the long term ladders.
The silent majority.
"
PanicAK wrote:
After failing a race recently, I switched to a streamers channel and what I found was disgusting.

What did you find?

"
PanicAK wrote:
Logging out to take a shortcut, or to save your life should not be a viable race strategy. It doesn't bother me so much in the long term ladders.

Logging out will in many cases during progression cost you valuable time. Indeed, while farming, the cost is very small. Also, it is the same for everyone. And remember, the game is balanced knowing that you can log out instantly.

It could be made as a mod, but I doubt it will change much other than an increase in rather random "disqualifications" related to Perpetus and LMP dogs.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 29, 2013, 7:21:51 AM
Perpetus being a threat? New to me.

My guess would have been suicide squids, vaalsmash on 300hp, Voidbearers and Marketplace puncture and shockstacks in sins level 3.
Yeah, as long as there are mechanics in the game that force you to log out, there is no point in punishing players for logging out.

And OP, you are actually retarded for thinking that logging out is a "shortcut". By what standard is that the case.... someone who is forced to log loses progression and time compared to someone who isn't forced to log.

How you can possibly call that a "shortcut" is actually beyond me, do you not understand what a "shortcut" is?
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Perpetus being a threat? New to me.

My guess would have been suicide squids, vaalsmash on 300hp, Voidbearers and Marketplace puncture and shockstacks in sins level 3.

Being cornered by exploders, puncture in Marketplace and shockstacks in sins are also good examples on logouts during progress. My two examples were during farming. I see Perpetus as a much bigger threat than a Vaal Smash during a race. If you get caught in a bear trap in the wrong place, logging out is often the only option. If you get hit by Vaal Smash, you have not played enough turbo races :) (it is sooo slooow).
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 29, 2013, 10:59:49 AM
logging during progress is like shoving elephant up your arzehole aint got no time for that shit. i have no clue who you were watching but im pretty sure most top players who stream rather risk dying than log, 90% of cases. i only log when this game doesnt give me portals
Last edited by janimauk on Nov 29, 2013, 4:59:10 PM
Logging out is a shortcut after Brutus or Hailrake. Only saves a few seconds though.
It's not about the seconds. It's about not wasting a TP.

Especially in harder races you need TPs to refill(even it's just walking out in terraces/flats) on famine.

When WPs weren't automatically added you lured or knocked bosses back close to the exit to win some seconds.
Also it seems that for non SSD Players relogging seems to be faster than taking a TP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info