How do the Race Points work?

I'm curious on how the race points work. I know what points are given for each accomplishment, but my question is more about the characters.

For example, I raced in the Decent race today. My first try I made it to level 7 and died to the warping totem (which should get me 1 point). I rerolled and was able to make it back to lvl 6 before I had to sign out. SO, I had 2 characters both in the one point range. Shouldn't I have received 2 points for the race (since it says that dead characters get points in the description)??

I know this is the way it worked when I started racing a couple of weeks ago, but as of about 2 days ago I am only getting points for one of the characters I start. The same thing happened to me yesterday in the endless ledge race. I made it into the 3 point range twice, but only received points for one of my characters.

So is there a glitch or was this recently changed?

Standard IGN: _DipDodgeDuck_
Anyone??

Standard IGN: _DipDodgeDuck_
I suspect nobody has replied as it used to get asked a tonne in the races, but this interested me...

In original races, you only received points from a single character - the one who earnt you the most points. To prevent people leveling up 10 "three pointers".

I presumed this was the same for descent champions. Except that, like you, I had a race where I was kinda sure I was rewarded 1 point more than necessary. I did have a dead character worth 1 point, along with a main character worth 5 (plus 2 boss kills) yet I was awarded 8.

... I kinda dismissed it as my own stupidity. That I overlooked a kill, or misread my starting number of points. But now that you've mentioned it, perhaps there was a bug that they patched out?

So: I'm certain you should have only got 1 point for your level 7, then level 6 race. Highest character counts.

... Whether you benefited from a bug previously, as I might have, I dunno.
You are only supposed to get points from 1 character. In the races where a character can die and still get points, just means that you don't loose all points if you die late. While if you die early you generally start again and pass the first character.

I read somewhere that there is a bug that gives you points for 2 characters if they finish in different point brackets for level. So if you finish with 1 character in 1 point bracket and 1 in the 2 point bracket you get 3 points for them. This bug does not give you extra points for killing the same boss 2 times i beleive.
The points hearsay is at an unprecedented level. I used to think i knew how it worked, but lately everyone says something different.

A clear response from GGG would be highly appreciated!
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info