Tips for PVP - For beginners

When I got to act 2, I thought it was cool to have a guy who took you to PVP, I knew nothing about PVP, so I decided to create this thread for all beginners who want to get in PVP.

To start the discussion I have a question. I lose my items when I die?
no you do not die in arena pvp. Its the first player to win 5 rounds wins.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Honestly I love when a new League starts and then getting to Act 2. I like to twink my build and spend all my Chaos orbs just to get the new char as powerfull as possible, even though it is pure Waste of currency in the long term.

Then sometimes if i lvl over 28... I get bored and regretted ever doing it.

This = me playing PoE.

So basically u haft to Waste alot of currency on low lvl pvp gear, and also try to look for the best of the best rares.

1H Glacial Hammer build is pretty noob friendly for low lvl pvp IMO, when u get a decent Mace and ok life u start doing quite well.

Some builds are really crap in low lvl PvP. Allmost all witches are crap in low lvl pvp, and bow rangers suck very hard, and also rage the most out of all people when you kill them. (Not even joking here.) Bow Templars are better in low lvl pvp than bow rangers are. Melee rangers are amazing though, and prob. also beginner friendly.

So just dont play a witch or bow ranger... I would say dont start out as any caster. Playing a melee build for low lvl pvp is much better for beginners imo.

If playing a melee build, YOU MUST HAVE FLICKER STRIKE. Otherwise you will have a very boring experience in PvP, where people just run away untill all rounds are over. I suggest getting it before playing any PvP to prevent frustration. PvP is complete shit in PoE as melee if you cant catch people, so getting flicker strike completely changes how the rounds play and how pvp in general plays out. It is the same in the cutthroat races, where the pvp is kinda lame in terraces because people just run away, so you just chase the same guy over and over and over untill another guy WHO has flicker (or quicksilver) shows up and kills YOU! Kinda like in Tom and Jerry where Tom chases Jerry, then Jerry runs to Spike. Then Spike kills Tom and Jerry and takes their gear. Dunno how else to put it.

Unless you are playing a facebreaker melee build, get flicker as melee.

Also evasion is useless. Get IR if u r ranger.

(Note that all of this is for low lvl PvP only/mostly.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info