The ONE answer to pvp balance

Edit

Who gives a fuck anymore, this pvp is hopeless. One talentless pos after another desperately praying for that critical molten to hit while they hide behind cast on damage taken set ups and desynch. Not worth elaborating on.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 1, 2013, 10:38:55 PM
Agreed, a reduced block gem sounds like a perfect fix. I also posted earlier that they should include reduced chance to block by X amount in the curse Vulnerability.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 1, 2013, 10:36:20 PM
Gonna transfer the conversation from the other thread to this one.

A gem doesn't sound like a bad idea, since you have to give up something to use it. The penetration amount would have to be balanced so that the gem isn't a free pass vs the many passives/gears that someone has invested into block.

I'm not sure where that would put the -block passives for swords though, since at that point you could likely combo them to get full block reduction.

Right now 2h swords is already fine, as you said so yourself. If you compare 2h swords to 1h/shield maxblock, 1h/shield ends up with 33.75% block chance. So they get +50% more EHP out of block but 2h gets 50% (or more) DPS, and then gets way more HP out of Kaoms.

The problem is for all the non-sword weapon types and casters. But then again maybe swords do need some advantage as a weapon type, seeing as axes have more DPS, and in the 1h realm daggers have WAY more DPS and legacy Soultaker is amazing.

Last thought: I don't use aegis or anvil on my 1h/shield character :p
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 1, 2013, 10:35:59 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
Right now going block is a no brainer, only 1 build truly "counters" it and thats sword. Which can not fully negate it anymore in the first place.

Viper strike, explosive arrow and bear traps also counter block, bypassing it altogether. I know you know that but you left it out for some reason. :)
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Nov 27, 2013, 4:18:18 PM
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 1, 2013, 10:36:08 PM
Great idea.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Would love.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info