Endless Ledge Randomness

I like the idea that Endless Ledge is so random and that you can get pretty much any weird combination of monsters. But I was thinking, for the sake of competition, that it would be better if all Endless Ledge races were fixed seed to some degree? Most importantly: That you get the same monster types. Map layout, revealed map, blue pack density, I do not care about. The monster types have huge impact on your chances of success.
When you run into a zone with dischargers, necromancers casting conductivity, and rhoas and whatever other nasty mob, it would b nice to know that everyone else also had to fight that combination of monsters in this particular race. Would that ruin the "feeling of ultimate randomness"?
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 25, 2013, 2:55:00 AM
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
I like the idea that Endless Ledge is so random and that you can get pretty much any weird combination of monsters. But I was thinking, for the sake of competition, that it would be better if all Endless Ledge races were fixed seed to some degree? Most importantly: That you get the same monster types. Map layout, revealed map, blue pack density, i do not care about. The monster types have huge impact on your chances of success.
When you run into a zone with dischargers, necromancers casting conductivity, and rhoas and whatever other nasty mob, it would b nice to know that everyone else also had to fight that combination of monsters in this particular race. Would that ruin the "feeling of ultimate randomness"?

We are likely to do other fixed challenges, where everyone faces exactly the same configuration, later.

Endless Ledge won't be it though, its likely to stay the RNGfest it currently is.

Why isn't the Stormy ledge layout in EL?

That layout looks nice and also it would add some difficulty due low light radius.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info