First race impression, Descent Champions

Hadn't done a race before, figured I'd give it a shot. First attempt was heavy strike/ground slam Marauder, took staff and belt. Second was burning arrow/split arrow ranger, took bow and belt. Was fun, until the lightning totem boss wrecked me with the OP amp damage.

As I was going through, had to scold myself, I was still unconsciously going with my regular play instincts to pick up every blue and compare items and dilly dally figuring out what to use the orbs on. Kept seeing the updates of other players twice my level getting to new areas or dying and thinking "Wow, I'm going way too slow." and "What are they doing to be so far ahead of me?" It's fun and awful being the clueless noob floundering about in a new situation.

Was interesting to see the different priorities I suddenly had with item mods when I'm in a rush compared to when I'm taking my time in a regular game. Finding items with life regen was HUGE. And any little damage or defensive boost made a major difference.

One thing I think I should have done, since it was my first time, would have been to clear all the rooms/mobs so that I'd have better equip and another level or 2 by the time I got to the first boss. I think staying alive to the finish would have given me more points, even if I went slowly and didn't place very high.

Looking forward to the next one.
"When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info