Which league is more pvp active? In standard or Dominion?

I'm interested to start doing pvp. Which league has the more active community?
"
lailaseth wrote:
I'm interested to start doing pvp. Which league has the more active community?

I think there's more people playing Dominion as a whole right now, so you might get more pve straglers testing out pvp. But if you want a more competitive environment playing against dedicated pvp builds then standard is the place to be.
IGN: _Firebitch
are there any pvp focused guilds? and are those legacy uniques required to win matches?
I'm in a pvp guild(ICU) for merc standard with many of the top guys on server. Legacy uniques should be the least of people's worries compared to mirrored or mirror worthy rares.

Legacy uniques are more common and more affordable than next to perfect rolled 6L ES chests (1000+ ES, triple res), 2h swords(750 dps), daggers(450 dps) etc... which a number of people throughout pvp have.
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Nov 23, 2013, 12:28:30 PM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
I'm in a pvp guild(ICU) for merc standard with many of the top guys on server. Legacy uniques should be the least of people's worries compared to mirrored or mirror worthy rares.

Legacy uniques are more common and more affordable than next to perfect rolled 6L ES chests (1000+ ES, triple res), 2h swords(750 dps), daggers(450 dps) etc... which a number of people throughout pvp have.

thanx for info. well is there a place for players who don't have mirrored items? i mean is there any skillful competition or it's just best items wins?
"
lailaseth wrote:

thanx for info. well is there a place for players who don't have mirrored items? i mean is there any skillful competition or it's just best items wins?

There's a lot of room for skillful competition IMO.

First, knowing how to put a passive tree together. You could optimize it much better than someone else with a similar build.

Having the correct skills and using them at the right time, and against the right person i.e. using viper or puncture against a block build with tempest shield and molten over cyclone.

What auras to use, if any.

Using the right curses at the right time.

Good management of flasks. Conserving yours well or getting the other guy to burn through his quicker.

Good use of movement skills, leap slam, lightning warp, whirling blades, flicker, etc... to transverse the map well and be able to close or maintain the gap effectively.

Good use of bear traps or anti-bear trap skills like arc, cold snap, rain of arrows, etc...

I could go on and on.

I can beat people with much better gear most times just by having more experience in the ring.

Most people who qq about pvp I think are one's who don't like to adapt to different situations. They want a 1 or 2 skills they can mash that will faceroll almost every build, which is never going to happen.
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Nov 23, 2013, 1:36:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info