Descent Champions - Gravicius is OVERPOWERED

I'm sure everyone can agree on that? ;D
And lets put aside the 360 degree aoe he has - it won't insta kill ya if you have stacked fire res and u should obviously.
But This guy has insane amounts of ES/LIFE. I tried to viper strike him, but wow - it almost didnt hurt him at all.
Another huge problem is I saw no ads in the room??? - so when you run out of pots u do what? All the other bosses - Kuduku and Brutus - had ads so you can refill.
I thought it was awesome. It reminded me of getting to the final boss in a roguelike and then getting absolutely crushed into the dirt. It certainly surprised the hell out of me.
Now it is my life goal to defeat him as he is before everyone whines him into being nerfed.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
MyH4o wrote:
Another huge problem is I saw no ads in the room??? - so when you run out of pots u do what? All the other bosses - Kuduku and Brutus - had ads so you can refill.

Are there adds in the cold elemental's or rock giant's room? I don't remember any.

P.S. I think GGG are trolling us. I don't think you are supposed to be able to kill Gravicius, there is no exit, no zone after. You are done. High Faive!
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 23, 2013, 6:36:46 AM
I expected the standard gravicus, tried to facetank him down for the fast kill (only 20 seconds remaining in league) and got rolled by the fireball nova. Otherwise he seems possible, though if his life/es is as high as other are mentioning, some way to refresh flasks will probably be welcomed.

And i dont recall minions in the unique cider elementals room either.
IGN: KoTao
Yeah its definetly challenging. I got there twice on a Witch and couldn't kill him.

I actually thought a +1 melee weapon with Viper Strike would work ok because i never managed to get his ES down to 0 so I had no idea of how much HP he actually has. And the +1 should be easy to get with so much currency.

If that does not work, +1 Poison Arrow will certainly not work either, you will just get exhausted and run out of pots.

I think maybe you can try using a claw with double strike for the life on hit and try to out regen his damage with as much fire res as you can get, not sure how viable this is.

Also, some classes get LGoH as a reward and Marauders can get the life leech node on the tree.

Again, this is just speculation, ive been playing Witch recently and i have no idea how to deal with him :)
"
tagpt wrote:
Again, this is just speculation, ive been playing Witch recently and i have no idea how to deal with him :)

try spark it got buffed
"
janimauk wrote:
"
tagpt wrote:

try spark it got buffed

Tried it. Both face tanking him and shooting offscreen sparks, not enough dmg, you run out of pots.
"
I thought it was awesome. It reminded me of getting to the final boss in a roguelike and then getting absolutely crushed into the dirt. It certainly surprised the hell out of me.
Now it is my life goal to defeat him as he is before everyone whines him into being nerfed.

+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
The first Gravious kill on internal tests was by a witch.

Part of the challenge in Descent: Champions is knowing what you need to build for at the end.

I do not currently believe this boss needs to be nerfed.

"
Qarl wrote:
The first Gravious kill on internal tests was by a witch.

Nekminnit... 10,000 witches in Descent Champions. :)
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info