Descent Champions Issues

Here is a list of issues I experienced during Descent Champions.

1. Way too many dead ends! If you use so many dead ends like in Descent Champions you should make it fixed seed. Descent did it better but here I run from Dead End to Dead end in almost all areas. This mode could be as well called "Dead End".

2. Really low density you will be underleveled really fast and the experience penalty prevents progress. I think I hit the Water Element Boss at level 13 or 14. Even in regular Descent this isn't the case that you will be underleveled that hard.
Either increase the density(might be nasty in starter areas) or remove the level penalty.

3. Massive lags on Rogue Exiles/Bosses with alt Art skills. This is quiet the same issue as with Skeletontotems in Blamt/Lactif.
There is a 1-2 second lag and you will be killed during that lag.
For example in my Case I died against the Water elemental because it summoned some elementals next to me->Lag->Artic breath 50% followed by a Thunderstorm->Dead.
This should be fixed for far more issues.

Cut Throat-->You know somebody invaded you or a player is close miles away.
Alt Art stuff->Lag
Exiles->Lag

"
Hilbert wrote:
Here is a list of issues I experienced during Descent Champions.

1. Way too many dead ends! If you use so many dead ends like in Descent Champions you should make it fixed seed. Descent did it better but here I run from Dead End to Dead end in almost all areas. This mode could be as well called "Dead End".

2. Really low density you will be underleveled really fast and the experience penalty prevents progress. I think I hit the Water Element Boss at level 13 or 14. Even in regular Descent this isn't the case that you will be underleveled that hard.
Either increase the density(might be nasty in starter areas) or remove the level penalty.

3. Massive lags on Rogue Exiles/Bosses with alt Art skills. This is quiet the same issue as with Skeletontotems in Blamt/Lactif.
There is a 1-2 second lag and you will be killed during that lag.
For example in my Case I died against the Water elemental because it summoned some elementals next to me->Lag->Artic breath 50% followed by a Thunderstorm->Dead.
This should be fixed for far more issues.

Cut Throat-->You know somebody invaded you or a player is close miles away.
Alt Art stuff->Lag
Exiles->Lag

1. The "Dead Ends" is something you can avoid to a good extent by understanding the map layouts with practice you can play around this.

2. I think you are dead wrong on this, the mob density is awsome overflowing at times and if you stop and grind for a bit you can get within the range of XP you need. Compared to normal decent they made it so much better.
This is also the impression I got from all the others racers during the race that it was much much better now.

twitch.tv/nugiyen (Live almost everyday from 15.00 +1 GMT)
follow @nugiyen on twitter
www.youtube.com/nugiyen
I took another path this time didn't get some skillgems but also didn't have to walk through a stupid maze like misty cave or the other frozen cave.

Stormy ledge on the other side is quiet linear.

This is totally unbalanced.

This isn't that much different from normal Descent.
You have "Do no kill" areas and you have areas where you should kill.

Such as the 2 areas after Kole.

After that you end up in low density areas or areas with mobs barely yielding experience such as squids, small spider etc.

In Regular Descent you get into the Experience penalty after Hall of Heroes because of the same issue. Skeletons are fine but the main mobs there are small squids.

Sure the last 3 areas in Regular descent are horrible but who says DC will do any bette after Gravicius?
Mob density is fine, and as nugiyen says, it's cool that you have to 'stop and grind' sometimes.

My only gripe was that I had the brutus monster ground-slam me 4 times in quick succession, though, with his massive aspd. Not really lag related; my fault for getting to close in the first place, but really? I've never seen even turbo brutus do anything like that.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
He gains Onslaught and damage similar to the devourers if you kill the skeletons.

He got me in the morning too and I believed being too tired, since the Hook attack was almost Turbo like and took 60% of my HP.

I stay with my opinions that beside some areas like the area after the cage there are several mazed low density areas(especially caves)

You possibly took the other route.
Of course we don't have a lot of data yet, but so far I agree with Hilbert on exp progression. Both Champion events I've done I was level 15 when I entered Merciless (level 20), and I had stopped and grinded 3 zones the first time. Second time was better, but only because I did a full clear of the second Cruel dungeon due to the exit being right next to the entrance and I went the opposite direction to cover the whole level before I came back to look.
Ive only done one of these, but killing pretty much everything in my path from start to finish (no skipping) left me at 21 in the gravicus zone when it ended, and i was never at risk of being under the xp curve.

There was one area early on where almost all of the monsters were blue, but it was a low enough zone that it wouldnt have affected my 18+ leveling curve and the crazy blue density wasnt repeated in later zones.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Nov 24, 2013, 12:15:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info