Descent: Champions is a lot of fun.

A nice twist on the regular approach of Descent. This race was a lot of fun. I hope to see more races like this in the future. As fun as running the regular game is for racing, I think these alternate style game modes are a much more interesting approach to it.
My only gripe is I feel that perhaps the starting chest should have more options for skill gems for classes.
I liked being forced to fight the bosses, as well as the forking pathways and such. The abundance of currency was a nice touch as well, allowing for some crafting on the spot. Again though, it kind of sucks how few skill gems you could get from chests although I may have been unlucky.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Yea it was fun, but being stuck after killing brutus with no flasks and area 7 levels higher was not that funn :x
Yeah, I'd say Champions is much more interesting than regular Decent. I can see this as something I'd play regularly, just to change up the pace from the regular game.
It's more interesting indeed but one thing really annoying there are far too many dead ends.
"
Hilbert wrote:
It's more interesting indeed but one thing really annoying there are far too many dead ends.

I wasted a ton of time in one of the levels because of that. Map hackers definitely have the edge there.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I think the cave levels are fine beside ar Frozen Abyss like one which seems to have only 1 path towards an exile.

But those Library ones have way to big dead ends. I think I entered the third area after 10 min because I ran into dead ends.

The Area after the Totem and the Brute also had really ugly and long dead ends which took 1-2 minutes to backtrack.

And the difference in Difficulty of Croaking Grounds and the other Library Area is really questionable.

While other areas are more balanced(I died to the water elemental boss due to a summon lag) you fight Surpression Fire Peacocklizards in the Croaking Grounds and in the other area only some monkeys, bandits(incinerators iirc but those also could be later in a bit alongside with dischargers)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info