Please fix matchmaking- lvl difference is unacceptable

I don't really pvp a whole lot but when I do I shake my head at the matchmaking. Its bad in a few ways but one thing that is glaringly bad is someone getting matched up against a player 30 lvls higher!!

How in the world can a lvl 55 hope to fight against a lvl 85??? A 10 lvl difference is big but going beyond that is absurd.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Nov 21, 2013, 2:49:16 PM
The problem with this is that there are not that many people queing.

Strict matchmaking in a pool with few participants means no matches get made at all and noone plays.
People aren't interested in pvping because of the other reasons queing is so bad. Sitting in town doing nothing is terrible. If they improve pvp all around then they should have enough people.

Allowing players to que against people 30 lvls ahead of them isn't going to help pvp, it hurts it.
Standard Forever
First impressions are important. I think a new player getting to merc A3 and thinking "oh cool a pvp option, let's check it out", then getting into a farce of a match vs a lvl 90, is going to leave a worse first impression than simply not getting anyone.
"
aimlessgun wrote:
First impressions are important. I think a new player getting to merc A3 and thinking "oh cool a pvp option, let's check it out", then getting into a farce of a match vs a lvl 90, is going to leave a worse first impression than simply not getting anyone.

Completely agree. Thanks Aimless.
Standard Forever
So I played one match tonight with my lvl 81 and it was against a lvl 100

"facepalm"
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
So I played one match tonight with my lvl 81 and it was against a lvl 100

"facepalm"

You were a templar, jondar!

Also, a lvl 100 is terrifying.
Analyze, Adapt, and Ask the devs to change it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info