12 Minute Race Strategies?

I was just wondering what the general consensus is on the 12 minute races.

Is the race strategy more or less the same as the longer races? That is to say, rush to Hillock, skip through Terraces and Mudflats, get to the Submerged areas and Ledge as quickly as possible for max xp.

Is it more optimal to actually kill some things in the lower areas, since time is extremely limited? Just wanted to get peoples' opinions!

Thanks!
you can always practice layouts pre-ledge but after that race is decided 99% by your rng with density. basically you rush to ledge try to hit lv3-4 before depending how many packs worth killing you find
Get level 3 before hitting ledge that's it everything else relies on the skillgems, the mob seed and how fast did you enter ledge.

It might be better to open a TP from ledge reroll and reset from Rocky Climb a second time since it's usually closer to Kuduko and there isn't a big gap without mobs.

But again there are races you reach only level 6 because you got stuck and there are races you reach 8-9.
I just did a couple practice runs and both times I was able to hit level 5 without rushing to the Ledge. I skip to Hillock, stop to fight only large packs in the coast, hit the three nests in Mud Flats, stopping only to fight large zombie packs & roas at the nests themselves. Then I kill everything in Fetid Pool. Both times I had Fetid Pool about half cleared when I hit level 5. There was less than 30 seconds left on both attempts.
i just did 3 12 minute races

I was shadow all 3 times using firetrap

first 2 times I got to lvl 5 almost lvl 6

and third time I got to the climb and almost made it to lvl 7

basically just rush to ledge only stop to kill mob packs and skip boss's
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender -tupac shakur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info