Trap + Long range spell's

The Currently most efficient method of pvping is by far using multiple trap's along with long range spells and totem's, afterward's you will only have to hide around corner's placing bear trap's to set a gap between you and the enemy along with cursing them. since there is no gap closing ability that let's you jump/blink around corner's and since all abilities except lighting warp will trigger trap's between you and the destination, for example flicker strike even tough it is supposed to teleport you behind your foe it will at the same time trigger any traps in between you and the target, which ofc will affect you, so using traps and long distance high damage while running around corners results in more or less a 95% win chance unless ofc you meet a similar build then it becomes a 50/50 win/loss.

my experience is at least that pvp requires a massive usage of aura+trap's so perhaps place a minor penalty on them while in pvp ?.
Is this just theory crafting? Totems are all but dead now in pvp. None of the top guys (top 20 players on standard merc) I've seen really use them.

And the only useful traps in pvp pretty much are bear traps, which there are many counters to if you play smart. Also, traps aren't triggered if you use movement skills over the area of a trap. Not sure where you got that from.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Nov 19, 2013, 5:10:38 PM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
Also, traps aren't triggered if you use movement skills over the area of a trap. Not sure where you got that from.

Hey Brand,

sry to correct you here, but with Whirling Blades and Leap Slam you trigger the trap when you whirl or leap over it.

Lightning Warp on the other hand does not trigger traps in its path. But it will trigger traps that are placed at the exact spot where you land, while traps that are close by get destroyed.

Flicker does not trigger traps in direct line between you and the target though, that is correct. But it triggers every trap near your target.

regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on Nov 19, 2013, 5:41:05 PM
Ok. Thanks for the correction. Didn't know that.
IGN: _Firebitch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info