Having troubles

Hello everyone, still pretty new to PoE and I am struggling in the PvP element. I am currently playing a lvl28 Templar. Using 1h mace/shield combo. Glacial hammer/Ice nova as my main attacks. When I try the 1v1, for lack of a better way to put it, I am getting beat the heck down. Mauraders 1 shot me every time, shadows attack so much faster I rarely get a hit on them.

Basically, I need advice. What should I be doing differently in PvP with a templar, or is this lvl bracket just not Templar friendly?
got fullres? 1,5k hp+?

as for using spell and weapon damage as main skills i think it won't get you far cause you cant specialize in both.

farm cruel ledge/merveil for gear upgrades.
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
Im not sure where Im at on HP, pretty sure it's no where near 1.5k. Can you get it that high this early in the game? How high should my armor rating be at this point? I thought my gear/stats were decent at least for my level, but apparently I am wrong.
I,ve had a 1H Glacial Hammer templar aswell, but I deleted it recently. It is a very good build for low lvl pvp. Mine had 800 dps even though my Mace was not the best. If i,ve had a better Mace it could prob. have 1K dps.

But dont use Ice Nova... it is a piece of shit skill for low lvl pvp. Prob. one of the worst skills in the game u could use.

Ice Nova is kinda nice early on in cutthroat races if u get rushed very early on though... better than ground slam in this case. (Allthough if u are playing cutthroat u should go 2hander.)
"
Funcrusher wrote:
got fullres? 1,5k hp+?

as for using spell and weapon damage as main skills i think it won't get you far cause you cant specialize in both.

farm cruel ledge/merveil for gear upgrades.

Sorry to derail thread, but is this the best way to get gear for a lvl 28 pvper? Just farming ledge and a1 boss on another char?

And to OP I've got a lvl 25 or so maurader who is doing great in low level pvp. I dont think i've died once yet. I probably have about 1k hp and I have capped resists. I think the resists help more than anything else. elemental dmg doesn't really hurt me at all
"
Sorry to derail thread, but is this the best way to get gear for a lvl 28 pvper? Just farming ledge and a1 boss on another char?

you want to have ilvl36 drops so you can farm any area that is close to that.
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
Last edited by Funcrusher on Nov 19, 2013, 7:46:57 AM
"
nbriles2000 wrote:

Hi,

in my opinion Cruel Ledge is not effective anymore, as it is now area lvl 37, which means every item has the chance to roll affixes which increase the requirement to 29 or more. Cruel Mud Flats and Submerged Passage seem to be more effective.

Specifically for rare items you can also farm Normal Piety, as she is a boss in a lvl34 area, which means her drops all have ilvl 36.
White items for crafting can also be obtained from the vendors in Act 3 Normal, as those have ilvl 36 when you buy the stuff with a lvl 35 or higher char (since release, before it was ilvl 34).

Hope that helps.

best regards

Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info