desync.....

you need to unrelease this game until you can figure out a way to stop this desync all the damn time if you expect people to keep playing this game. You cant feasibly have hardcore races or leagues with the amount of desync that happens within this game. Its getting absurd
Agree... I just learned what these races are exactly, and I thought it sounded really cool. I did the Solo Famine 1 Hour Race, and I died from desync... Remade, got a bit further, almost died from desynch again, only to die to desynch 10 minutes later. Incredibly frustrating, and now I am just pissed off.
"
Sources wrote:
Agree... I just learned what these races are exactly, and I thought it sounded really cool. I did the Solo Famine 1 Hour Race, and I died from desync... Remade, got a bit further, almost died from desynch again, only to die to desynch 10 minutes later. Incredibly frustrating, and now I am just pissed off.

You pick your first ever race as famine and instead died to desync, sorry but it's a little hard to believe. With more experience desyncs in races shouldn't really be cause of your deaths. Do more races and see it yourself.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
Sources wrote:

You pick your first ever race as famine and instead died to desync, sorry but it's a little hard to believe. With more experience desyncs in races shouldn't really be cause of your deaths. Do more races and see it yourself.

Is there any basis for you assuming that desyncs in races are different from desyncs in non-race situations?

I'm going to have a hard time believing you if your argument denies that desynching makes dieing more likely.
Ohhhh man, i am really really pissed off right now.

I am pretty new to racing, made like 10-15 races so far. At the beginning i sucked, but getting better and better(best rank like 150). As i am getting faster and use leap slam i die more and more to desync. This is so frustrating. The last 2 hour solo race i had one of my best races, but i died to DESYNC... what a surprise. Got teleported back almost 2 rooms in the Chamber of Sins or whatever it is called... RIP.

In a descent champions race i got teleported back 1 room and was suddenly surrounded by bears. RIP.

Two times on the way to merveil while running away from these red exploders i had desync and 3+ of them suddenly exploded besides me. RIP.

Another time i got a desync in weavers chambers and was surrounded by spiders. RIP.

If i make mistakes i try to improve and do it better next time. But losing like 30% of the races or more just because desync is sooo frustrating, especially with these weird racing schedules for us europeans. Staying up longer to do a race and then just die to desync can be very frustrating. So much not fun.
"
CarlosBlanka wrote:
Spoiler
Ohhhh man, i am really really pissed off right now.

I am pretty new to racing, made like 10-15 races so far. At the beginning i sucked, but getting better and better(best rank like 150). As i am getting faster and use leap slam i die more and more to desync. This is so frustrating. The last 2 hour solo race i had one of my best races, but i died to DESYNC... what a surprise. Got teleported back almost 2 rooms in the Chamber of Sins or whatever it is called... RIP.

In a descent champions race i got teleported back 1 room and was suddenly surrounded by bears. RIP.

Two times on the way to merveil while running away from these red exploders i had desync and 3+ of them suddenly exploded besides me. RIP.

Another time i got a desync in weavers chambers and was surrounded by spiders. RIP.

If i make mistakes i try to improve and do it better next time. But losing like 30% of the races or more just because desync is sooo frustrating, especially with these weird racing schedules for us europeans. Staying up longer to do a race and then just die to desync can be very frustrating. So much not fun.

If you keep trying, you will also get better at avoiding/mitigating desync when using Leap Slam. It will not be completely avoidable, but there are certain "kinds of leaps" that often desync you, which you should therefore try to avoid or at least be very aware when doing and keep /oos ready if you think you may be desynced.

Among the dangerous ones are:
1 Out from a group of monsters that tend to stun (crabs)
2 Tightly around corners. Typically happens in indoor zones.
3 Through doors
4 In areas with a lot of trees, e.g., Forest

For 2, 3 and 4, only a slight client-server difference in positioning of your character will make the leap impossible. Desync will very often happen for case 2, 3 and 4 if you are surrounded by mobs, as them blocking your path only a tiny bit (or stunning you), will cause the small error in positioning that is needed to make the leap infeasible.

Avoid those 4 cases, and if you have to, have /oos ready on your copy/paste.. or have it keybound.

Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 24, 2013, 7:35:01 AM
out of like 500 races ive participated i might have died 3 times because of desync so please ..
dis sink is very clean
Honestly, in the past 2 weeks I had 2 DC deaths in 2h solo races and it's getting kind of annoying.

Here is what happened:

It's not really desync per se, but the game simply stops responding, you hit /oos and the game does not resync you, it's as if you are disconnected from the game but the game still somehow assumes you are there.

First time it happened I had no idea what was going on, I spammed /oos, logged out and my char was dead. Today, same shit happened, I hit /oos once because I assumed I was desynced, game didn't respond, I instalog and log back in and I'm in standard.

Desync in and of itself really doesn't bother me too much, because you can always run an /oos macro, but this disconnect thing is on a whole new level of bullshit, it feels exactly like a desync except that it's not, you are actually disconnected but the game still assumes you are there and just kills your character.

That's just complete bullshit.

To quote Simple Plan:

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME?

edit: And just to throw this out there, I was in a really, really good mood all day, but this death has seriously ruined my mood. I'm so mad right now I almost feel like physically hurting someone and I'm usually an almost pacifistic person.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 26, 2013, 8:22:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info