Aura's

Each time you join a new arena or for every new arena round you need to re-apply aura's

i would like to suggest that you only have to apply aura's the first time and after that they will be on by default.
yes plz!

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
ye ye
This would be very handy. However you do want to ask, is using a whole bunch of auras in PvP something that should come with a cost to balance the benefits?

For example, back in the days of OP righteous fire, I put up 7 buffs at the start of matches. If people rushed me, they could attack me before I was all set up. This was a legit tactic to exploit a weakness of an overpowered build, a build that was overpowered in large part due to all the auras and buffs it ran.

I don't think there's a case like this right now, but it is something to think about.
@aimlessgun

I don't think tedium should be a balancing mechanic. I don't find tedium engaging and, in fact, find tedium can be an obstacle to engaging gameplay. That said, I know games like StarCraft 2 exist.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
I agree with aimless. There should be a risk/reward for enabling so many auras/buffs.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Veta321 wrote:
@aimlessgun

I don't think tedium should be a balancing mechanic. I don't find tedium engaging and, in fact, find tedium can be an obstacle to engaging gameplay. That said, I know games like StarCraft 2 exist.

It's not the tedium, it's the risk of being rushed during setup time, and whether that should be a balancing factor for buffs. Or to extend to 3v3, putting up tons of buffs in the current system can cost your team map positioning.

Even farther, the current system could reward someone for skipping out on buffing altogether to immediately move out into the map, another risk/reward wrinkle.

Anyways, these considerations are unappealing most of the time because in a game like this we have built our characters a certain way and we like everyone to have the buffs they're supposed to have. And with the aura changes the number of buffs people run is a lot more homogenized (no more 7 buff stacking and such).
Agree with OP. However if you get killed it's hard to apply all the auras automatically without knowing your preference. Better give players a warm up area where they cast all aura, then enter the arena, instead of entering from town. The lack of this function is one of the main reasons I'm not PvPing yet.
everyone has built their character a certain way and everyone should be allowed to to use all the buffs they've got. Running multiple auras requires investment in nodes and gear, which indirectly results in sacrificing other defense offense stats. Making an OP build does cost time and effort so there should be no reason for GG character to get penalized. Also, there's certain strong builds that don't utilize 6 auras.
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Nov 18, 2013, 6:45:04 PM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
This would be very handy. However you do want to ask, is using a whole bunch of auras in PvP something that should come with a cost to balance the benefits?

For example, back in the days of OP righteous fire, I put up 7 buffs at the start of matches. If people rushed me, they could attack me before I was all set up. This was a legit tactic to exploit a weakness of an overpowered build, a build that was overpowered in large part due to all the auras and buffs it ran.

I don't think there's a case like this right now, but it is something to think about.

i would say yes but they should then also take account for the resistance penalty player's receive on Merciless that follows and haunts them in the arena, forcing them to use extra aura's.

a penalty for multi aura's could be that for each additional aura you have on the remaining aura's will be weakened by 10%. this only applies if you are the one casting 2x aura's but if it is from a team member and you are playing 3v3 you can have a total of 3 aura's 1 from each member without the penalty. the one who uses 2 aura's will receive a 10% reduction on the other aura's he is casting.

so standardize resistance so that you dont get the pve penalty but instead place a penalty on the number of aura's

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info