New Descent Chests

We must not forget positive feedback ;-)

Thanks for the new Descent chest rewards. After one race, I have obviously not seen them all. But what I saw, I liked (played marauder). Some more transmutes / alts early on and a sapphire ring before Frozen Abyss were nice additions. Also noticed three gems after Perpetus.

There may be more that I did not notice or simply forgot.

Perhaps a medium life flask later on wouldn't hurt? (unless there already is one?)
Getting a medium life flask before Frozen Abyss regardless of chest choice would be appreciated.
I noticed a sapphire ring in the chest before frozen abyss and a ruby ring in one of the previously ringless curious chests a bit later on. Some chests also had more gems and orbs than previously. Didnt get any screens due to being tired and forgetting to ss.

Scion-specific starting chest items are spectral throw, double strike, a G-G corroded blade, a 1h weapon (rusted sword iirc, cant quite remember), and a goathide buckler.

The one big remaining issue appears to be zone density randomness, which looks like it can still easily be too low to keep up with the level curve come the merciless zones.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Nov 16, 2013, 2:49:58 AM
Yeah. I was lvl 22 when I reached the exit of the lvl 26 zone. Had killed plenty in the previous zones. Had to run back and search the corners.
"
KoTao wrote:

Scion-specific starting chest items are spectral throw, double strike, a G-G corroded blade

lol

ST + corroded blade

vs

crude bow + split arrow
Damn :|

Thought theyd finally add a quiver or something to make up for the terrible starting dps and lack of aoe until roa.

Boss drops in descent (exiles aside) are still unimpressive, btw. Perhaps beef them up to map boss drop levels? Great incentive to try taking some of the harsher ones down.
IGN: KoTao
"
Scion-specific starting chest items are spectral throw, double strike, a G-G corroded blade, a 1h weapon (rusted sword iirc, cant quite remember), and a goathide buckler.

And I won't play scion in races because the gemchoices are like the witch ones.

And why the hell do we still get 1h weapons and a shield? 1h shield builds are totally unviable for racing.

Dualwielding got the big advantage on attackspeed.
2h got the damage advantage
1h has got block which results in desync.

Which of those 3 options sucks?

Well, Hilbert.. as long as it is only an option, I do not mind :). If new players want to use it, fine with me. No they are not going to win, but they will learn that eventually when they get better.

Did anyone else think that it was harder than previously to give the exiles the slip? (similar to Brutus turbo)
Ofc I meant Descent with it. I will take the scion in other races.

The question of gemchoices already explains why I won't take the scion on Descent.

Bowscion is the worst scion startbuild possible.

Harrierpath offers no good path till level 12(10 on the caster path), so a bowscion would have to take the sentinelpath.
While a hybridpath bow build might be better you have no life nodes at all and at the Ribbon Area you will most likely die.

So you take the sentinelpath you also take as a ST Scion but on a bow scion you must split into 2 paths, while spectralthrow will go to axenodes(if a good axe is available else 2h nodes) and has a good acess to life nodes.
Unwanvering Stance makes that path the most effective one.
You have good access to the 2 12% nodes and lavalash(it think that Added Fire/Added Cold will be the support gems)

A critcaster build is much more viable, if the scion would get FP/icenova(look at the easily reachable critnodes!)

Splitting paths are only something viable in longterm play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info