Why not hourly races within a few hours with individual timer?

As the title say.

I have wanted to participate in races, but every single race there have been RL issues preventing me from being able to sit down in time.

I don't see why it has to be fixed? The important part must be that it is a 1hour race or 2hour race. Start and end could be flexible, say a 1-hour race to be completed somewhere within a 5-hour time span. This would be a big improvement for people like me that have a lot going on outside the game.

Brgrds
Fisk
"
Xccess wrote:
As the title say.

I have wanted to participate in races, but every single race there have been RL issues preventing me from being able to sit down in time.

I don't see why it has to be fixed? The important part must be that it is a 1hour race or 2hour race. Start and end could be flexible, say a 1-hour race to be completed somewhere within a 5-hour time span. This would be a big improvement for people like me that have a lot going on outside the game.

Brgrds
Fisk

This has been suggested before. The problem with it is that it would not feel like a race. Imagine the Olympic final in men's 100m with one person running at a time, then writing down his result. After all contestants had run, you could compare the result and find a winner. While you could argue that this is a perfectly valid competition format, it is not as fun because you are missing the "live" feeling. Knowing that you are ahead/behind and by how much also plays a role in your play style during the race (more safe or more yolo to catch up).

The closest you get to what you suggest, is the signature race format.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 14, 2013, 1:39:19 PM
I assume it wouldn't work then to give out points for being the first to full clear certain areas or completing some quests. For those points everyone has to start at the same time.

I also agree with Hassefar60, it wouldn't feel like a race.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info