Why do following racemodes still not exist?

I suggested several racemodes over time but they never made it into the game even they would be easy to implement.

Mirrored-->20% Ele/Phys Reflect(Crowd killing becomes more difficult)

Burning/Chilling Ground-->Makes races with certain combinations harder.

Race with certain Curses-->Temp Chains would make rushing harder as an opposite mode of Turbo. Especially with chilling ground.
Flammability(scaling differently first only a far higher chance to burn at level 11 areas also negative Fire resists) would make immolation and burning ground races far harder.

Random Curse on Hit-->Especially punishment would be interesting.

Chaos Damage-->Scaled in a way you receive a small amount of damage over time which can be reduced with Regennodes or Coral amulets and later on you will really feel the chaos damage( A race where going CI could be a good idea)

Twinned/Triplet/Quartuple-->Even the best Racers won't fight 2-4 Vaals at level 23 or brutus at level 8, so the mass of players gets closer together.(Might need some HP rescaling on the 3-4 bosses(25% on 3 and 33% on 4 bosseS) so unlucky runs still have a chance) especially on Turbo party races might become really hard.

Multifarious-->Exp Zones become more dangerous.

Iron Man-->No Currency drops only white items

Charges over Time-->Turbo gets harder and multifarious with Discharge mobs also gets harder(their damage on low levels still must be rescaled)

Sure I suggested harder to implement stuff like a Fingerprintsystem which would prevent racers using the same build over and over again, but those map mods should be far easier to implement and most of them interact with existing Racemodes or require other strategies.

Burning/chilled patches and random curses should be very easy to implement as they are map mods. Iron man and charges over time seem very feasible as well. In general, most if not all that are currently map mods are feasible and potentially interesting.

I am not so sure that Mirrored, Random Curse on Hit and Chaos dmg over time would be fun though and I don't like your fingerprint system either (would also require actual implementation, maps mods barely would). The "Twinned" might be ok.. worth a try between seasons.

Could you explain the idea of Multifarious? It might just be me, but I cannot guess what it is.
I ask that way: Would you reset ledge if there are voidbearers and ashprophets at level 3 or would you force yourself to level 7.

Especially areas like ancient pyramid might be really hard if there are necros blocking your way on one level.

"
I am not so sure that Mirrored,

The goal would be to force players use different items or use a more balanced build.
Reflect is a good way to counter overpowered builds such as the prerelease cleave or the CB GS PR combo.

"
Random Curse on Hit

It's an extra as only mod it would affect gameplay like ancestral only making bossfights harder is brutus rolls Vulnerability or one of Vaals summoned mobs Elemental weakness.

"
Chaos dmg over time would be fun though

Because it would affect mainstream builds current builds don't?
Witch + Chaos Damage would be a really interesting race because you will play CI at some point!

"
I don't like your fingerprint system either

Players had to use their brain how to select gems! Is it better to have some good runs and others are really bad or would all races be balanced be better?

"
The "Twinned" might be ok.. worth a try between seasons.

Well after the 0.11.0 MMO Gearcheck addition players won't roll maps with 2 One Shot bosses anymore if they can't seperate them.
Getting Shocked and getting hit by a rock at Vaal at the same time will hurt.
When we did 2 Vaals in CB, the main issue were Rocks and Summons.
2 Brutus will be a real challenge at level 8-9.
And you can only expect most players to kill 2 dominus in a 3h Twinned Party race and even then it will be only 3 parties at best.

The only issue with fighting several bosses would be to change the quest system so you have to kill Brutus 1 and Brutus 2 to progress.

The idea behind this mode is to add overpowering difficulty similar to turbo, instead of going Blamt when everything becomes *whackdead*.
3-4 bosses might as well have reduced damage.

This would heavily show the difference between dying and having a chance(real difficulty) and dying by one attack because you lacked EQ(pseudo difficulty)

And Iron Man is a mode which reduces luck to a minimum, meaning it would make a good signature race. There still would be a small bit of luck left such as finding an amulet and linked items. The only thing killing luck entirely would be a fixed map and mob seed Iron Mad with fixed drops.

Players can only blame desync then. Such a race would be entirely skill and build based.

Some of those ideas were decent.

I especially liked the one with curses. Would be even cooler if the curses rotated every 10-20 seconds in a predictable order. Don't face Brutus when Temporal Chains is about to show up! Wait for Lightning or Fire vulnerability to face Merveil... Could make some interesting timing challenges.
Hilbert.. I asked one single question regarding a specific one of your many suggestions and it seems to be the only one you did not mention in your lengthy reply.

Your post could suggest that what you meant was random monster types in all areas but I cannot be certain (e.g. voidbearers and ashprophets).. Is you reply:

"
"I ask that way: Would you reset ledge if there are voidbearers and ashprophets at level 3 or would you force yourself to level 7."

.. your answer to my question:

"
"Could you explain the idea of Multifarious? It might just be me, but I cannot guess what it is."

"Multifarious" is obviously a keyword.. that I did not know. All I am asking is a short description.

All the rest was just my personal opinion. No need to overexplain any of them.

You suggestion of Iron Man as signature race.. might actually be a very good idea. I cannot think of any real drawbacks at this point.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 7, 2013, 1:43:08 PM
"
Your post could suggest that what you meant was random monster

Additional Monstertypes alongsode the regular ones, it shouldn't turn out like Endless ledge.

"
I especially liked the one with curses. Would be even cooler if the curses rotated every 10-20 seconds in a predictable order. Don't face Brutus when Temporal Chains is about to show up! Wait for Lightning or Fire vulnerability to face Merveil... Could make some interesting timing challenges.

Now that would really be interesting, while I think random changes might be more interesting and result in funnier rips.

For example a change from Frostbite to Temporal Chains and ironically you got frozen at that point.

This would actually also make a really interesting map mod, because it's not like you can prepare against a certain curse. Such as stack resists against Elemental Weakness.

Verry good ideas !!!!
Please bring them out
Ironman for signature race would be awesome. Maybe GGG will finally see how their base items are badly balanced and don't progress well.

"
Hassefar60 wrote:
Hilbert.. I asked one single question regarding a specific one of your many suggestions and it seems to be the only one you did not mention in your lengthy reply.

Your post could suggest that what you meant was random monster types in all areas but I cannot be certain (e.g. voidbearers and ashprophets).. Is you reply:

"
"I ask that way: Would you reset ledge if there are voidbearers and ashprophets at level 3 or would you force yourself to level 7."

.. your answer to my question:

"
"Could you explain the idea of Multifarious? It might just be me, but I cannot guess what it is."

"Multifarious" is obviously a keyword.. that I did not know. All I am asking is a short description.

All the rest was just my personal opinion. No need to overexplain any of them.

Multifarious is a map mod:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map#Modifiers
It gives increased monster variety. So basically the idea seems to be to do something like endless ledge, but with the normal game areas and quests etc...
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Multifarious is a map mod:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map#Modifiers
It gives increased monster variety. So basically the idea seems to be to do something like endless ledge, but with the normal game areas and quests etc...

Yeah, that was also my guess. Thanks for a short and precise answer though. Apparently, I don't read map names that often.
Map mod races would be the BEST.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info