PvP Marauder Build

I am BRAND new to PoE and don't know if I am going to stick with this game or not. I am only interested in PvP. I am making a marauder as my first character, but with no real knowledge of the game I am overwhelmed with the passives and skill gems.

Can anyone set me on the right foot for passives for a top tier pvp build? I assume the marauder tank specs are the best for them? That's what I've gathered from the forums at least.

I can't ever find any non-level 28 passive builds. Can someone post a level 80+ passive build, and maybe some skills as well to look out for for this build?

I will definitely tweak some of the abilities as I start getting up there for my own style. I just want a strong basis to go through while I'm learning the game so I don't have to redo everything.

Thanks for the help.
There are so many diffrent pvp builds depending on play style and so.. if you post what you are planning to use I'm sure someone will link you a decent build.

But in the end.. best way is to level and do pvp and test alot of things and from there figure out what to use. Also doing PvE is important for gear and currency.

Good Luck
I don't know what build I'm going to use because I don't know ANY moves. I basically made a marauder and hit level 2 and wanted to see some high level pvp marauder builds so I could at least start taking some paths towards some things.

I don't know what skills there are, what's good, and especially don't know which way to go with my passives.

It looks like the tanky build is more popular in pvp for marauder but i'm not positive.

Is 2 hand mace better than 1h/shield for marauder builds in late game pvp?
Last edited by Ylich on Oct 30, 2013, 9:11:03 PM
I,ve wanted to do a staff block marauder build for low lvl pvp, but I dont have time to make it and it probably wont be near as good as templar. (Lacks life.) Dont know if I would use heavy strike or glacial hammer. Prob, heavy strike to be a block n stun build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAIQIhVSkuKvYx-zQxOQ49_EouUFBUSVhjXp9fP3uMfLiMz6eluUO53cAuxBXE9sbY0TXUj9mi51LsGe1E7w7yL_ZI

You get 33 points from all quests done (And u help Oak.)
People are going to be wary of giving you a their exact builds because it's a competitive disadvantage to do so, especially at high level.

Also, it will probably be very difficult to understand how a high level PvP character works without getting to a high level yourself and learning all the basic knowledge you need about game mechanics.

That being said I'll try to describe some options that exist or have existed.

2h Marauder Main attack Heavy Strike, Leap Slam provides high mobility. Lots of HP and HP regen makes you tanky and you can run around leapslamming avoiding damage and regenning life if things are going badly. Passives will focus on HP and dmg/attackspeed. If you go swords you'll want the anti-block sword passives. Cyclone and Double Strike are also main attack options.

Beware this build is extremely expensive to optimize in Standard because you want to have a legacy Kaom's Heart (over 100 exalts for just one of your gear pieces).

Aegis Aurora Block Tank This is also done with other classes, but you can start as Marauder for it. Get max block and high armor combined with decent HP and use Aegis Aurora unique shield to constantly refresh ES.

Righteous Fire Burn Build I havn't seen this around lately, but it's still doable. Problematically also needs a Kaoms to optimize as well as a slew of other specialized gear. Ignores block which is great but Ruby Flasks counter you. Passives will mostly be a shitton of HP and all the regen you can possibly acquire.

Tanky Spellcaster Using Ethereal Knives or possibly Freezing Pulse. Tons of HP and regen, you get to block, but DPS might be so low as to be flat out incapable of killing a lot of opponents.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Nov 7, 2013, 6:02:00 AM
"
Ylich wrote:
I don't know what build I'm going to use because I don't know ANY moves. I basically made a marauder and hit level 2 and wanted to see some high level pvp marauder builds so I could at least start taking some paths towards some things.

I don't know what skills there are, what's good, and especially don't know which way to go with my passives.

It looks like the tanky build is more popular in pvp for marauder but i'm not positive.

Is 2 hand mace better than 1h/shield for marauder builds in late game pvp?

Stop trying to copy build and learn the game and come up with something...you just started and are no way ready to think end game or PvP.
I dont think you will be able to play this game purely PvP since there are no rewards for winning, No items, no orbs, no nothing! So you'll need to farm some to afford the gear you want.
He's clearly RMT'ing it...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info