2v2 PvP

3v3 is great and all if thats your thing. Add 2v2, thats where its really at. Not 6v6 etc..etc.. how many people can flood the screen with bull shit at once or jump one another. 2v2 takes all the greatness of 1v1 and adds another level of depth and team diversity. Its superior to 3v3 in my opinion.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
If anything you bring up a good point that set match sizes aren't the best way to do things.

What might work is variable bracket sizes. So it would work like this:
1v1
2v2-3v3
4v4-6v6

And you would be matched appropriately depending on the availability of players. Further allowing players to prefer 2v2 over 3v3 would accomplish the same as a separate 2v2 option.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
3v3s are almost too large to ever get off the ground. Poeple dont like to 1v1 because of the imbalance and stress of knowing they lost the fight solely because of their inability with no one else to blame it on. 2v2 allows for a more dynamic build comp and allows for support to start to come into play. I didnt like 1v1 on starcraft 2 because it was so cutt and dry in early game and late game became overwhelming. I loved 2v2 because it opened the game up and allowed more possibilities of varying game play and strategy.

edit: meant sc as in starcraft!
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Oct 30, 2013, 11:46:26 PM
Not that I have anyone yo 2on2 with BUT I would love that option when PvP. 3on3 is almost to much. Mostly cuz of 1-2 sec fps freeze from some spells.
Knew id have people thinking the same way. If anything just make it a queue type thing. You queue up with a party of 2..it matchs you with a party of 2, all the way up to 6v6. 2v2 has just always been my go to for team dueling. I prefer 1v1 but 2v2 always struck me as the most logical approach to high level team duels.

Stuff beyond that like guild vs guild is far too chaotic and proves 0. It goes from being high level to basically what you'd have to just concider casual. Because theres 0 way to balance a 6v6 and the results aren't dependent on much more then out numbering eachother. Sure xx v xx duels are cool to watch and world v world gives some people a boner but 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments/open matchs are the way to go. Not like people want to eliminate the option for 3-6+ team duels, its awesome to even have that option. Just provide us with the simple 2v2 please.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 30, 2013, 3:59:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info