is pvp still excessively slanted toward melee builds on POE?

I stopped playing path of exile for a while after i found out that pvp was completely against mage builds, is this still the case?
"
deadkiller15 wrote:
I stopped playing path of exile for a while after i found out that pvp was completely against mage builds, is this still the case?

I seriously doubt GGG was "completely against mage builds" since RF EK/FP'ers were arguably the top builds in open beta.
IGN: _Firebitch
i tried pvp for a while it was just filled with marauders with high resistances spamming flicker strike. when i was playing there wasnt even a way to teleport away.

to me that was kinda slanted toward melee pretty bad i know 4 people myself included that quit over it
bear trap really destroys melee
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
"
Veta321 wrote:
bear trap really destroys melee

Thanks for telling me this I think I'll use it in my pvp build :D
Tried PvP once got pwnd, melee class. So I built a melee class, now I see why I got pwnd, melee can be pretty powerful with the right combinations.
You have to tear them apart piece by piece, Do you hear me Isaac?!!!!
Here's the deal with current PvP: it is very very hard to kite, that is, deal damage while maintaining range. However, it is easy to run, that is, maintaining range without dealing damage.

Melee have ways to catch people who are running away, while ranged have a much harder time. On the flip side, ranged can't really kite melee.

Thus the successful casters that PvP atm act mostly as 'melee' in the sense that they tank as well as melee and spend much of their time at close range.
I am a leaper, dont care any trap........

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info