Can we please have PVP info/rules sticked already?

I don't blame people but we constantly have "how do I PVP" "what are the restriction to LLD' threads, for good reason, unless they dig through patch notes the info isn't posted anywhere.

Also I'd like to know exactly what the rules of CtF are before jumping into it blindly.

I like that PVP is getting some attention but it's hard for it to grow when people can't find info on it.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I second this.. I see level 28 being a thing? I don't follow is it a rank, or actual level 28...etc

my main interest is at some point to pvp after I learn some more about the game
Its one of the reason no one plays pvp I quess... they dont even know how to play it. Or maybe they dont know that it is in the game at all.
I'd be up to write a few paragraphs for low level pvp. Imho if other people contribute we could make an informative post. Most important is to decide on the structure. I propose something like this in FAQ format:

1. General
1.1 What is PvP ?

PvP or Player versus player is a game mode where you compete with other players. Usually the goal is to kill other players or complete certain tasks while preventing you opponent to do the same.

1.2 What types of PvP does PoE support ?

1.2.1 PvP arena

The PvP arena is available in Normal and Merciless difficulty. You can play solo - 1v1, or in teams - 3v3. The goal is to kill your opponents.

1.2.2 PvP Capture the flag

Capture the flag is available in Normal and Merciless difficulty. You can play in teams - 3v3 or 6v6.
Themed around Act 2's bandit lords who vie for control of the Phrecian Forest, players enter Capture the Flag events in teams and score points by capturing and returning a flag from their enemy's war camp. Fighting alongside their bandit lord and his followers, teams must carefully plan both their party build composition and strategy for defending their flag while claiming their enemy's.

1.2.3 Cutthroat

A competitive race in which players are allowed to enter others' instances at will and attack non-party member characters. Equipped items are dropped on death. The death experience penalty is increased by 30% on all difficulty levels. Killing a player awards their death penalty experience to the killer. Player capacity in non-town instances is doubled. This does not increase the maximum party size.

1.3 How do I join PvP ?
1.3.1 Low level PvP in Normal difficulty

Talk to Greust in Act 2 Normal, and click on join PvP. Choose the game mode you want to participate in, and you will be queued. When enough players are queued the match will start.

1.3.2 High level PvP in Merciless difficulty

Talk to Maramoa in Act 3 Merciless, and click on join PvP. Choose the game mode you want to participate in, and you will be queued. When enough players are queued the match will start.

1.4 How do I make a PvP character ?
1.4.1 How do I make a LLD PvP character ?

Your character can be level 28 at most, and you must not enter cruel difficulty. You can obtain a total of 34 skill points while being level 28. 27 from leveling up, 1 from the "Dweller in the deep"quest in Act 1, 1 from the "Fairgraves" quest in Act 1, 1 if you decide to kill all bandit Lords in Act 2, 1 from "The way forward" quest in Act 2, 1 from the "Victario"quest in Act 3, and 2 for killing Piety in Act 3. You can also choose to side with a bandit lord in Act 2, and receive the reward for doing so, for a total of 33 skill points.

1.4.2 How do I make a merciless PvP character ?

You should have access to Act 3 in merciless difficulty. Total points you can obtain depends on your quest state and level. Level 70+ (or whatever) is recommended.

1.5 How can I play with/against my friends ?

If you want to duel your friend, right click on his character in the social screen, and click Duel. He will have to accept, and then you can play against each other. If you want to play alongside your friend make a group and enter the desired PvP mode by talking to the NPC - Greust for LLD, Mamamoa for merciless PvP.

1.6 Will my HC char killed in PvP be transferred to SC ?

No, except in Cutthroat HC.

1.7 Will I lose experience if I die in merciless PvP ?

No.

2. Gear
2.1 What makes good PvP gear ?
2.2 How can I obtain good gear for PvP ?
2.2.1 Farming
2.2.2 Crafting
2.2.3 Trading
2.3 Flasks and flask mods
2.4 Legacy items and their influence on PvP.

3. PvP tournaments
3.1 PvP tournaments rules
3.2 How to participate in PvP tournaments ?
3.3 PvP ladder and season rewards

4. LLD specific topics
4.1 Obtaining LLD gear
4.2 Suffix/Affix information
4.3 Skill/support gems available to use in LLD
4.4 Unique items available to use in LLD
4.5 Common builds and counter strategy

5. Merciless PvP specific topics

In my opinion the best place for a community effort like this would be the official wiki since it already contains a lot of information. You can link the unique items page, skill gems, mechanics etc.

There is a lot of missing information aswell, for example on tournaments and legacy gear which will hopefully be revealed in 2-3 weeks. I'm not too good with wiki syntax, someone could make a page :P
I've been wondering this too, are there any additional rules to CtF? Like can you not use skills when you have it, what are the time limits, how long do you have to keep the flag for? I understand the basic idea but I'm wondering how it's been implemented here exactly.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I like how we cant even get a match to see what the rule sets are for the new ctf modes lmfao. I have been wondering the same thing and trying to get some games off the ground but with everyone in nemesis its impossible to find a pvp match without cross league pvp.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info