RIP Sword builds. IAS is on longer viable against tempest :(

well with the release of 1.0 i was hoping to be able to keep my build but now that they removed the 3 15% reduced enemy chance to block sword attacks node over by resolute technique my 2her sword ranger will suicide when fighting most of the high end blockers (they wont even need molten any more, but they will use it anyways)

this change really sucks and i dont know if im gonna hang around because ill have to completely change my build if that ends up happening. i felt that being able to reduce block chance by that much was the only way to be able to play high attack speed builds against max block (tempest), and it was the only viable counter to the completely over powered 75% block builds that over run pvp atm. Now with that node that allows traps be invincible for 5 seconds after being laid, pvp is just gonna turn into max blockers fighting max blockers in a battle for whoever can bear trap better........

sad to say that when you finally made some changes for pvp you ruined one of the only counters for block, and changed nothing about block it self. Ive played pvp since the start of open beta and ive seen the progression of many of the top tier builds, id like to say i was one of the first people to actually make use of the anti block nodes effectively in pvp(merc), i caused alot of QQ when fighting the many max block builds that popped up over the months.

I havnt played release yet so im not really sure how fast ill suicide, but im sure it will happen either way. If im missing something and they were just moved, please let me know because that would be awesome if sword countered block again instead of just adding it to the huge list of what block counters.

RIP SWORDS, it was fun while it lasted.

THANKS FOR CRUSHING BOTH MY PREVIOUSLY VIABLE MELEE PVP BUILDS
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Oct 23, 2013, 2:16:54 PM
Well since tempest will be 60% mana reservation will many casters bother with it anymore you think?
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
Well since tempest will be 60% mana reservation will many casters bother with it anymore you think?

i always thought that tempest wasnt considered an aura since you always have to recast after changing areas, unless they changed it so it is an aura i thought it would stay at 25%. ill try and confirm it once my patch finishes downloading though.

also i cant seem to find that node that allows traps to be invincible for 5 seconds, have you found it yet?

Edit: found it, its right next to conduit.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Oct 23, 2013, 1:18:12 PM
cill out tiger -

" more PvP balance and usability changes are on the way. "

I'm glad they removed -block it was too gimpy just like the huge damage of facebreakers. Let's hope alot of the balancing issues are hit.

Last edited by exmse on Oct 24, 2013, 6:08:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info