PVP Idea to attract more PVP in POE

Hello,

This is a good game but the pvp does not seem to be played.

I would suggest to add a pvp rank system, which will reward the pvp on the kills/wins they have.
ie: Rank I = 10 kills/wins, Rank II = 50 kills/wins, Rank III = 100 kills/wins, Rank IV = 300 kills/wins, Rank V = 1000 kills/wins, and so on (every better rank would be harder to obtain)

The reward? stats! ie: Rank1 = 3 stats, Rank V = 20 stats and so on (need to be balanced)

This will attract players to pvp to get stronger characters. (Grant more dmg, def... better way to farm, play on higher level map)

The map for pvp could be bigger, so we can 20 vs 20 or alliance vs alliance. We can make capture the flag, defend your altar...

The pvp would be way more attractive and fun.

Also, the rank that a player have could be showed over his toon, ie: small balloon with the design of the rank

With this system, you could make event with some rewards for the winning team or last standing man.

The pvp need to have a reward to be attractive.

Also, pvp need to be a bit more balanced, some build are not killable!

A good pvp system, attract alot of players and pvp players always invest more time, currency and real money. I guess this is a good thing for an online game.

Hope you love this suggestion!
Last edited by steiner87 on Oct 20, 2013, 1:24:25 PM
Unfortunately this idea introduces new balancing issues. If people can play PvP to get stats (+20 attributes is what you're saying I'm guessing), then everyone will try to make builds that are decent/good at PvE but also great in PvP. A lot of current builds are oriented towards PvE, which is the main focus of this game. These builds don't necessarily perform well in PvP. If the system you have proposed is implemented, you will see fewer builds being played. Everyone will use Flicker Strike, Ethereal Knives, Freezing Pulse, Bear Trap, etc. Everyone will use Soul Taker, go low life, get 75% block, etc. (these are all just examples)

I do agree that PvP needs a substantial facelift. GGG announced that 1v1 tournaments would reward players for winning the most matches in a given amount of time. This idea is unsatisfactory, as it places the objective of PvP solely on damage and kill speed. The faster you can kill, the faster you can win, and the more you can win. This doesn't really sit well with the Hardcore leagues, which mainly focus on being able to do great damage while being close to unkillable. If PvP tournaments are designed so that only the most offensive players are rewarded, then the most defensive players don't get anything out of it.

I want to see not only builds that can kill efficiently, but also the builds that can tank everything!
Last edited by mimivirus on Oct 20, 2013, 3:02:45 PM
Pvp can be 1 man or a team.

If you focus on damage build, you will be in lack of defence. Any build have weakness and strong ability.

Imagine 10 vs 10, the defence/hp guy with moderated damage can charge in the pack while defenceless guy can only stay out of trouble and 1 on 1.

If you go full tanker and 75% block etc, your damage will be low and if 2-3 poeple jump on you, you gonna die... (over time or by dots or by massive damage)

On other side, you can aggro 2-3 poeple on you and let the caster of your team kill them...

You need to find your way for the benefit of the team, every build can be good and required to have a decent pvp.

If you think about pvp is only 1 man, your on the wrong way.

I am not telling you are false but most pvp are team based.

In pvp you can have big damage toon that can be taken down with easy.

Choose your target wisely and use your skills and strategy with team is the key.

About PVE and PVP build? PVP build can be PVE as well. (Unless your PVE toon is 300 IIR 200 IIQ)

If it is a farming toon, i do aggree it will not be good on PVP.

That is why poeple make farming toon and pvp/pve toon.

Why restrain the game to only PVE ?

Also, the kills/wins could be awarded to the team? (If PvP tournaments are designed so that only the most offensive players are rewarded, then the most defensive players don't get anything out of it.)

Who said only offensive players would be rewarded?

Some poeple love to play caster while some other love to play melee and some other love play tanker (on pve and on pvp)

Let's just give a try to this system and refine it. (That is why it is posted here...)

For hardcore league it can be the same, and also it could have a linked pvp for hardcore vs other league (with no real death that can make your toon go to standard if it is killed) or with some special item from ingame that prevent the toon to be killed for real...

Hardcore players could have a little advantage, like getting better rewards... but this also need to be balanced...
Last edited by steiner87 on Oct 20, 2013, 6:10:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info