Casual Week Race motivation drop

Hiya,

Making this thread out of my own experience with week races.

The problem is the motivation drop halfway through the race. Casual play, not anough time to get in the top 50. End of the week race is coming in 2-3days and then it becomes clear you not gonna get more season points by ranking up; because you simply won't be able to reach the rank for it. You do have chance to die in the process for no reward though. And yes you do "rank" up, but i aim for the points mostly if i cant make top ranking page.

I think more people have motivation problems, hence i thought worth making the post; nearing the end the list was filled with red dots (offline & alive players), rank 100+ though.

So my request is: slice the point reward "pie" in more and thinner pieces.

so Instead of 50-200, make more and smaller groups to lets say up to rank 400.
The more people are battling for rank even at the bottom end of the pyramid, the more players have the opportunity to experience the last XP rush in the final hours (and ofcourse the 2-3days before the end as well).

More players experiencing the thrill to the end of a long race = Win
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Oct 6, 2013, 4:43:53 PM
"
The more people are battling for rank even at the bottom end of the pyramid, the more players have the opportunity to experience the last XP rush in the final hours (and ofcourse the 2-3days before the end as well).

Agreed.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
up before next season starts.
@Minstrelshadrak

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info