Evasion in Turbo races

I think evasion works differently in Turbo races compared to normal races.
I know mobs attack faster so you naturally take more damage per second but i had a feeling that for example on both Brutus and Merveil, im not evading as many attacks as i should be.

Take a few seconds and look at the following VOD:
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus/b/467719665?t=23m00s

Hopefully CWU doesnt mind me posting a link to his VOD, i will remove it if he wants.
This is the chain of attacks in the VOD: miss/block, hit, miss/block, hit, hit, hit, hit, hit

5 consecutive hits means he has less than 20% chance to evade his attacks.

In that VOD, CWU has 149 evasion which gives him an estimate of 39% chance to evade.
Brutus is a level 12 mob, if CWU was at level 12 with 149 evasion he would have 34% chance to evade (estimate).

I know it depends on the attacker's accuracy.
I frapsed myself in a level 9 character with 149 evasion for several minutes and Brutus never got 4 consecutive hits.

Maybe the entropy reset timer is somehow reduced because of Turbo?

I was just wondering if you share the same opinion and if you think that this is a bug and should be addressed.
I dont think you should draw conclusions from one failed brutus fight :) The sample size is too small. And evasion is what it is - an unreliable mechanic. The one that saves you from a fatal brutus smash and then fails to proc 5-7-11-whatever-the-number-may-be times in a row.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
Looks more like a Rip caused by Stun+the resulted desync and a bad connection because to me the record seemed like the client was lagging really badly.

You have to consider that despite being a different Ground Slam, it still uses the same small angle Groundslam with a long linear reach, meaning moving slightly to the side means never getting hit by the Slam attack.

Turbo has stacked attacks on mobs which can't display several consecutive attacks(usually fast attacking mobs in CB only those unaffected by the Speedlimit) and it seems they have only one attack roll despite attacking several times.

During the Turbo Race in CB when Weavers Chambers were full of Viper Strike Spiders, frenzied/fast attacking ones had only 1 attack animation yet you received 2-3 Vipercharges each attack.
Melee Lightning skeletons giving 2 Shockstacks on crit.

While removing the speedlimit it seems same thing applies to the small apes which were affected by the speed limit in CB but in OB they are became heavy hitters especially in Cruel they caused several rips in the 8h Turbo races.

On the other side it seems the attack speed of the serpentine constructs has changed.
In CB those were the most dangerous Turbo mobs because you could see 3 consecutive triangles flying towards you.

This isn't the case on mobs which are usually slow paced such as Brutus, Merveil, Fidel, Vaal.

Have had many a race end due to being 3-5 hit chained while full evasion.

My solution then was to go full armor, which was useless against the monsters that matter (Brutus, Merveil, Fidel), and would just get 3-5 chain owned again.

Conclusion: Turbo is fucking retarded. Dice roll boss fights.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Turbo has stacked attacks on mobs which can't display several consecutive attacks(usually fast attacking mobs in CB only those unaffected by the Speedlimit) and it seems they have only one attack roll despite attacking several times.

Hard to tell for sure if this is still happening, and full lvl 9 evasion gear is effective at preventing most incoming damage during the turbo brutus battle nevertheless. Still best to have a backup plan for those times strapped/pine arent available or you hit brutus before lvl 9.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info